"Yorkshire - typically English" Top 5 Page for this destination North Yorkshire by JanPeter74

North Yorkshire Travel Guide: 3,329 reviews and 8,476 photos

We visited Yorkshire in June 2003. Although VT divides the area in North, West and South Yorkshire, I decided to put all my tips together at one page. Most tips are located in North Yorkshire but some are more to the west.

Most famous of Yorkshire are of course York itself, the county capital and the Yorkshire Dales, the green valleys that many people from abroad see as the ultimate British landscape. But the area has much more to offer and during our 1 week stay we have only seen a small part of it.

I added a separate page on the city of York, which is a travel destination in its own. Click here to visit my York page. See for a brief overview of what to expect of York, my first tip on this page as well.

• Last visit to North Yorkshire: Jun 2003
  • Intro Updated Feb 15, 2005

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Sep 20, 2006 at 8:28 AM

Great overview of Yorkshire. Brimham Rocks amazes me more each time we visit.

• lordb's Profile Photo
    Jun 4, 2005 at 3:14 PM

fantastic pics love i went to howarth a few years ago loved the place , lost my camara there so i had no pics of the place so thank you for sharing yours love brenda xx

• Rachael71's Profile Photo
    Apr 15, 2005 at 10:45 AM

A great description of Malham Cove. It is a bit like being on another planet, isn't it!

JanPeter74

“Life is what happens to you while you're busy planning just another trip!”

Badges & Stats in North Yorkshire

Have you been to North Yorkshire?

Latest Activity in North Yorkshire