"Ho Chi Minh City" Vietnam by shirbon

Vietnam Travel Guide: 12,779 reviews and 32,184 photos

~~Arrival: 5th April 2005~~

This is a client visit trip. I went with my colleague - Mehala. It was a 3 days 2 nites business trip. This is a first trip to HCMC, Vietnam as well as first trip i went with Mehala. It was fun!!
Once we reach the airport, went to grab the hotel cab. We are then on the way to the hotel. It is unbelieveable and the traffic is so scary. So many bikers, even some cycling, of course we are in the car. You can feel like almost bang to the bikers. Immediately in my mind, I will never drive here. It is so dangerous. I am so respect to those bikers. Hope this photo give you the picture of the traffic.
By the way, I can't share a lot cause it is a short trip, don't have enough time to walk around. Manage to go to the market, eat some of their food~~delicious!, got sourveniors...

~~ HCMC market ~~

Of course we will not miss to go to the market. I can't remember the name, it is the famous market that only open till 6pm. After 6pm the market close and here the night market open, which is outside the building. There are foods, a lot of food stalls, also fruits. I tried Vietnamese noodle, really nice, i like it. Price is reasonable. Should try.

~~Night Life~~

This is something new that we saw at nite. That day we came down from our hotel and take a walk to look for food. We saw a young man pulling a stall in the opposite road. You know what, it was so hard to get him. We need to across the road, this is so difficult. There were so many car at nite, we are unable to cross, no one will stop for you. It was so easy to see local people cross the road. This is so dangerous. Finally, after 20 minutes we successfully cross the road. We stop the "pulling stall", he sell fishball, sosej, and others that I don't know how to explain. We bought a lot and return to hotel to enjoy our food. It is hot and special.

For sure, night life like pub and bar are a lot here. They have live band, which is really good. Check this out in further section.

• Pros:Peoples are so polite and kind.
  • Cons:Be aware of the traffic.
  • Last visit to Vietnam: Apr 2005
  • Intro Updated Sep 29, 2005

Comments

shirbon

“The scene behind the temple...”

Badges & Stats in Vietnam

Have you been to Vietnam?

Latest Activity in Vietnam