"A place to raise your children and retire to" Forsyth by arkryger

Forsyth Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 6 photos

Our own private spot right in town

We've lived here now going on 18 yrs-we thought we'd found the perfect spot to have our 3 children attend public school,low crime, all the conveniences of a small town and close to the tourist town of Branson-12 miles-and shopping and entertainment in Springfield-40 miles. It's been great so far! We have total privacy on a dead-end right in town-a great thrill this past snow, when I looked outside and found a whole flock of turkey just walking around looking for some food! Here's my favorite looking out at our guest house cabin from the dining room window!

Dog fun with the kids!

We've always had dogs with the kids growing up and I always had to get my snow picture with them all-here we have Augie with Daisy-now 12-Great Pyrenese-and Annie with Rocky-now 10- Alaskan Malamute, and Nick our Border Collie mix. Nick lived to be 13-we lost him about 4 years ago.

Mish arrives after Nick

I always loved those Christmas pics with the kids and dogs-esp. if we had snow-This is Mishka that we found at Rhonda's Craft fair in Chattanooga 4 years ago- actually Grandpa bought him for Augie and me from the Humane society set up there-we sadly lost the little guy this past fall when his heart gave away!

• Pros:Good school,perfect 4 seasons, low crime and family town
  • Cons:everybody knows all about everybody, teenagers get a little bored unless they drive and go to Branson or Springfield
  • In a nutshell:No regrets-cost of living great-Pleasant spot
  • Intro Updated Feb 28, 2004

arkryger Lives Here!

arkryger

“Showing our kids the world we live in”

Badges & Stats in Forsyth

Have you been to Forsyth?

Friends