"My Favorite city -- Firenze!" Florence by Sonador3

Florence Travel Guide: 5,035 reviews and 11,002 photos

La Dolce Vita

The is no way one can properly sum up Florence in just a paragraph or two. But when you return home after a trip to Florence, more than likely you'll be left with a feeling that will be difficult to describe to your friends. Just go, don't feel like you have to see everything, eat, drink and just try to soak it all in. And figure out a way to return quickly!!!

Piazza della Signoria

There are great photo ops everywhere you turn. And when it rains, most tourists go and hide, leaving the town virtually empty. Go out early or stay out really late. And whatever you do, take more photos than you know what to do with. If I have one regret about Florence, it's that I never take enough photos. I save those cool looking restaurant checks in a show box, but have few photos. Go figure!

Tuscan Countryside

I stayed at the Plaza Hotel Lucchesi right on the Arno. It was one of the best weeks of my life. No itenerary, just hanging out at my favorite cafe, visiting friends, eating great food and drinking incredible wine!, Salvatore, Luisa, Lena & Marco -- I'll see you all again soon!!

The photo on the left was taken outside of a little Ristorante in the hills outside Prato.

• Pros:Feels like home....wish it was home!
  • Cons:at times too many tourist
  • In a nutshell:Just go and don't worry about seeing everything. Relax and have fun!
  • Last visit to Florence: Sep 2003
  • Intro Updated Apr 4, 2004

• cpiers47's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2007 at 7:27 AM

Excellent restaurant tips! They were all new to me, despite my months there. I'll have to keep your list for my next trip. Grazie!

• Applelyn's Profile Photo
    Dec 17, 2006 at 6:55 AM

I like your Ponte Vecchio at night:) and your Tagline...

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Sep 7, 2006 at 6:03 PM

We're hoping to travel to Italy next year--to Tuscany. Thanks for the great tips...the hotel Plaza Lucchesi looks divine!

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Aug 22, 2006 at 6:30 PM

thanks for the tips!

• icunme's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2006 at 9:06 AM

Added most of your Florence restaurant tips to a list for my trip. Great photos/tips. Will return again. Ciao, Carol

• IrishFem's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2005 at 6:42 AM

I'm hungry just reading about your restaurant tips. The stuffed chicken's neck sounds different. Thanks for sharing.

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2005 at 2:13 AM

Excellent restaurant recommendations, you have eaten at some lovely places, Sounds like you left your heart in beautiful Florence! Nice page (~_~)

• Caniko's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2005 at 11:53 AM

Great Florence pages,thanks for it...

• Callavetta's Profile Photo
    Dec 26, 2004 at 11:07 AM

Now you've made me crave Firenze! Great restaurant tips. Grazie Mille.

• tpal's Profile Photo
    Nov 12, 2004 at 8:55 AM

"..don't feel like you have to see everything" We share the same attitude. Unfortunately that meant Lake Como and Venice but not Florence this last trip. We'll just have to go back. Thanx ...Tom

Sonador3

“fight for those who can't”

Badges & Stats in Florence

Have you been to Florence?