"Bahamian Paradise" Nassau by Sonador3

Nassau Travel Guide: 657 reviews and 1,345 photos

Sailing to the Bahamas

The photos on this page are from my second trip -- back in 2001. I was fortunate to stay on my firend's boat this trip. The boat was tied up at the Nassau Yacht Haven Marina. We were there for about a week and during that time went to one of the outlying islands. I forget the name of the island, but I managed to remember to take some photos anyway. Geez, now that I've discovered this Web Site I wish I had taken more -- and better ones!!! LOL I'm just an average photographer, but I hope you enjoy them anyway. The photo above is from the aquarium at the Paradise Island resort.

In Nassau

The marina we stayed at was about a mile from downtown. So, when we needed to do some sightseeing, or go to the internet cafe or go shopping, we would ride our bikes. Nassau was a great place to go bike riding. This photo was taken outside of a souvinir shop.

Sunset

It seems like every evening produced a wonderful sunset. And in the morning, the sun rose over the island. There wasn't much on the island, which was kind of nice.

• Pros:You're in the Carribbean -- great weather, beaches and food!
  • Cons:To many tourists in Nassau and kind of pricey.
  • In a nutshell:Great place for a vacation.
  • Last visit to Nassau: Jan 2001
  • Intro Updated Mar 10, 2004

Sonador3

“fight for those who can't”

Badges & Stats in Nassau