"Buenos Aires 2004" Top 5 Page for this destination Buenos Aires by Sonador3

Buenos Aires Travel Guide: 4,808 reviews and 8,951 photos

An entire world in one city.

This was my third trip to Buenos Aires, and it was different from my prior two trips in so many ways. While I took in many wonderful sights and met a score of new friends, I also saw things that have profoundedly affected me and the I travel.

One of the most important parts of this trip was the time I spent with L.I.F.E. Argentina (see travelogue). They gave me another lesson in what's really important in life....giving to others.

The City you don't usually see

This is somebody's house. Really. It's in what they call in Rio a Favella, and their business was activating celular phones. Free. I haven't been able to get this house or the photos of the other dwellings out of my mind, and I'm determined to spread the word about the different ways you can help people who live in these conditions.

Diego Mania!

After my second or third day in Bs As, their local hero Diego Maradona took ill and was rushed to the hospital. What followed next can only be described as just another chapter in the saga that is the life of Diego. There were people literally camped out 24/7 just to show their support. After about 10 days or so, he checked himself out and rushed out for a "round of golf".

He had to be rushed back the next day.

About 2 weeks ago, he was discharged and transfered immediately into a rehab clinic.

• Pros:An amazing, complex city, with a little bit of everything.
  • Cons:Drivers that honk their horn for absolutely no reason at all!
  • In a nutshell:I'll retire here some day...maybe!
  • Last visit to Buenos Aires: May 2004
  • Intro Updated May 25, 2004

• Geisha_Girl's Profile Photo
    Jul 1, 2008 at 7:45 AM

Been chattin' with the Blonda and we're hoping to take you out for a birthday cocktail to catch up on Life (and L.I.F.E). Don't make us wait 'til Buenos Aires! Hope you treated yourself to another fine piece of property for your birthday! ;-) Hasta Luego!

• angelochka's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2008 at 3:09 AM

thanks,really great page on B.A.!interesting story abt Maradona..last year he came to Moscow to support Argentina in Davis Cup tennis tournament and didnt give a single autograph to russian fans..hmm:(( have a great weekend! Angela

• Mar 3, 2008 at 6:11 PM

Hey Steve, i'm writing about Sofia's apartment, I tried e-mailing her, but no response, Any info on how else to get a hold of her to see if I can rent the apartment?

• mircaskirca's Profile Photo
    Nov 18, 2007 at 10:06 AM

Hi Steve! Amazing page on BsAs and endless list of useful tips!!! I'll certainly have a look in greater detail since in December I'm finally going to this charming city that I've dreamed to visit for a long time :)

• Valeggua's Profile Photo
    Nov 7, 2007 at 5:16 AM

Hi Steve, I enjoyed reading your Buenos Aires page and tips. I saved some of them my own, since they are so usefull. Thank you for sharing and keep up the good work!

• brewjohnson's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2007 at 10:25 AM

Great Buenos Aires restaurant trips. I want to go right now!

• littlesam1's Profile Photo
    Sep 25, 2007 at 9:16 AM

I am going to Buenos Aires in January. Your page has lots of helpful information in my planning.

• SabrinaSummerville's Profile Photo
    Jan 30, 2007 at 8:17 AM

Hmmm, I was trawling VT for one good restaurant in BA - then I found your pages! Thank you for a gastronomic experience that has me reeling with confusion as to where to eat:-)

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Oct 20, 2006 at 7:52 PM

Only one week to go before I'm back in BA - your tips are a great warm-up. leyle

• Sep 19, 2006 at 11:42 AM

Regarding Las Canitas - would you recommend staying there for a 2 month visit? MBN

Sonador3

“fight for those who can't”

Badges & Stats in Buenos Aires

Have you been to Buenos Aires?