"Welcome.. let me show you something" CampanaBoy's Profile

I have had the chance to travel to many interesting and beautiful places but one of the MOST beautiful places is my home town in the Canadian Rockies.
Jasper is still a small little town in the midst of incredible scenery, great outdoor pursuits and good people.

My Favourite Hike

This place is by far my favourite. I go here each time I return home, when the trail isn't snowed in. The alpine meadows allow a view of one beautiful mountain, Edith Cavell and the Angel Glacier - what's left of it.. :( it has been quickly disappearing over the last few years so that the tail is almost gone

Inspiration

My Mom is a great inspiration for getting out into the outdoors. Almost 80(!!), she outhikes most people my age and is still hard to keep up to on the hilly sections. Pretty amazing lady and always an expert on the alpine wildflowers.

Our party place

Once, while partying here in secondary school, my friend Kent came to me and said,"I think we have a problem..." He took me to edge of the bridge and in the gloomy twilight, we looked across to the mainland side of the bridge and could see a Sow Grizzly and her cub sniffing around and curious as to what the noise was all about. Needless to say, we sobered up rather quickly... :) Don't worry, we all made it home safely.

• Intro Updated Sep 12, 2004

• kahnjetta's Profile Photo
    Apr 15, 2014 at 10:28 AM

Happy Birthday! Best wishes on your special day.

• ines2003's Profile Photo
    Oct 9, 2006 at 12:44 PM

i like your web page,great

• Aug 8, 2006 at 1:00 PM

Is there bus/coach from Jasper to Banff and Banff/Calgary Airport in November/December. 6 adults staying in Jasper then travel Banff for 3 nights then Calgary Airport. Alternatively, could we hire 7 seater car but unsure of weather conditions on the road.

• Guedes's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2004 at 6:31 PM

Beautiful pictures! =)

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Sep 23, 2004 at 8:35 AM

What a breathtaking place to live !! And congratulations to your mother - it must be wonderful to hike around with her - plus her knowledge about the wildlife !

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
CampanaBoy's Profile Photo

CampanaBoy

“So much to see, learn and explore”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.