"Hunstanton - the sunny side of England!" Hunstanton by Ines28
Hunstanton Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 55 photos
Hunstanton, a small town with many English week-end tourists, is located on the North Norfolk Coast. The cliffs and beaches are on the East coast, but actually face West. This is said to be the reason why Hunstanton experiences some of the best sunsets and more sunny days than other parts of England. Hunstanton was built in the mid- 1800s by Henry Styleman LeStrange as a getaway for the rich and therefore still offers many varieties of sports like tennis, golf or sailing.
Our stay in Hunstanton was limited to 5 days, but as we were staying with Sven's parents who have already been here quite often, we were lucky to be guided (and driven!) around a lot which made it a nice and interesting experience. Hunstanton is very crowded on week-ends, so it is essential to book a room in advance. During the week, though, it should not be a problem to find a nice hotel or bed & breakfast.
- Pros:Nice beach, nice typically English houses, nice weather!
- In a nutshell:A good place to relax or visit the sights of Norfolk!
Wells-next-the-Sea has a small harbour, and especially on week-ends you will see lots of people sitting on the promenade... more travel advice
A Norman castle / ruin. It is a massive stone ringwork and bailey. To the east, a small square gatehouse is set in the... more travel advice
Ines28's Related Pages
Hunstanton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hunstanton - the sunny side of England!"
- "Where The East Faces West !"
- "Rough Sea"
- "SUNNY HUNNY"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hunstanton
- Hotels in Hunstanton
- Transportation in Hunstanton
- Shopping in Hunstanton
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hunstanton
- 9 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Hunstanton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hunstanton
Top 10 Pages
- Dublin Intro, 33 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockport Intro, 14 reviews, 35 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kyoto Intro, 21 reviews, 20 photos
- Penang Intro, 19 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hiroshima Intro, 18 reviews, 15 photos
- Lijiang Intro, 11 reviews, 22 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hunstanton Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kunming Intro, 9 reviews, 23 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Matsuyama Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos