"A week-end in Stockport" Top 5 Page for this destination Stockport by Ines28
Stockport Travel Guide: 117 reviews and 390 photos
My working colleague Sonja and I went to Stockport only to visit Lyme Hall in Disley because it was the home of Mr. Darcy in Jane Austen's Pride & Prejudice. Of course it was a quite exhausting trip, but it was definitely worth it, as we did not only see "Pemberley" but also got to know a few wonderful people. Dianne (bugalugs) and her husband Wayne were so kind to drive us to the park and also pick us up afterwards, but that wasn't all. They also invited us to their home, provided us with food and drinks and made our short week-end trip an unforgettable experience.
This is the rear view of Lyme Hall, the reason for our visit to Stockport.
That's Bob, Dianne's rabbit. Isn't he cute?!
- Pros:Good location for daytrips in the immediate environs
By the middle of the 19th century, the present iron and steel market hall was erected, and has been a place of trade... more travel advice
Stockport has a nice pedestrial zone with many shops such as Marks and Spencer, Debenhams, BHS etc. The book shop... more travel advice
Ines28's Related Pages
Stockport Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Stockport... the Strong Silent Type"
- "A week-end in Stockport"
- "A Tudor Gem"
- "Stockport - a cool place to live"
- "I love Stockport!!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Stockport
- Hotels in Stockport
- Transportation in Stockport
- Nightlife in Stockport
- Restaurants in Stockport
- Shopping in Stockport
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Stockport
- 14 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Stockport?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stockport
Top 10 Pages
- Dublin Intro, 33 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockport Intro, 14 reviews, 35 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kyoto Intro, 21 reviews, 20 photos
- Penang Intro, 19 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hiroshima Intro, 18 reviews, 15 photos
- Lijiang Intro, 11 reviews, 22 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hunstanton Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kunming Intro, 9 reviews, 23 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Matsuyama Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos