"Ko Tao - Turtle Island" Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Tao by Ines28
Ko Tao Travel Guide: 218 reviews and 522 photos
Ko Tao is the most beautiful island I have ever been to. The beaches are great, the water could not be clearer and the scenery is amazing. Although it has become very much more touristy since our first trip in 2002, it's still worth a visit, especially for diving, snorkelling and relaxing. It is also just a 5 to 10 minutes boat trip to Ko Nang Yuan, the only place in the world where three islands are connected by one beach, also a great spot for divers and snorkellers.
This is the view from our bungalow at the Coral Grand Resort on the northern end of Sairee Beach. No matter where you are, you are never far from the beach. Who could be in a bad mood when this is the first you see in the morning when looking out of the window?
- Pros:Great snorkelling, beautiful beaches and inexpensive food
- Cons:It is already too well-known!
- In a nutshell:Though tourism is increasing, it is still paradise!
At the Coral Grand Resort, for example, you can rent kayaks for one or two people. The price for one hour was 100-200... more travel advice
We stayed 2 nights in this lovely hotel in 2002. It is situated at the southern end of Hat Sai Ree and has bungalows of... more travel advice
Ines28's Related Pages
Ko Tao Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Otherwise known as 'Heaven on Earth'"
- "It is all they said it was."
- "Ko Tao - Turtle Island"
- "No Kow Towing In Koh Tao"
- "Koh Tao"
- "Koh Tao"
- "Welcome to Turtle Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ko Tao
- Hotels in Ko Tao
- Transportation in Ko Tao
- Nightlife in Ko Tao
- Restaurants in Ko Tao
- Shopping in Ko Tao
- Warnings and Dangers in Ko Tao
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ko Tao
- 10 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Ko Tao?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ko Tao
Top 10 Pages
- Dublin Intro, 33 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockport Intro, 14 reviews, 35 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kyoto Intro, 21 reviews, 20 photos
- Penang Intro, 19 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hiroshima Intro, 18 reviews, 15 photos
- Lijiang Intro, 11 reviews, 22 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hunstanton Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kunming Intro, 9 reviews, 23 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Matsuyama Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos