" Rural Bengal- The Heart lives Here" State of West Bengal by goutammitra

State of West Bengal Travel Guide: 962 reviews and 3,498 photos

The Flavour of Rural Bengal.

For many days I have been thinking on building a page on Rural Bengal, where the real heart of the people lives. We have a tendency to focus only our best Architecture, Culture, Big Cities, Big Modern buildings, Art, or anything modern or perhaps anything which will not reflect our Poverty and backwardness. But in my view we must not forget our past at onetime we all belonged to Rural part may during our great grand father's time.
However,talking about the beauty of Bengal, I feel it is still unexplored and still virgin. Since, I became the VT member I have developed of carrying a digital camera with me. And I tour around in the rural areas of Bengal for my work purposes, I have captured many flavours of Rural Bengal. I will gradually bring the beauty of Rural Bengal to the world of VT. It's wonderful!!. I will continue to build this page thru' various seasons, period may be for years as I travel, I will bring the beuty of Bengal to the world. So wait....... I will start with Monsoon.Mother Nature has given beauty in abandance................... Let's Explore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thr Rural Bengal is Rivers, Greenery, Hamlets, hillocks, forests, rice fields and so on. I will keep editing this page so the language will keep changing.

• Pros:Beautiful,beautiful, Beautiful!!!
  • Intro Updated Aug 17, 2006

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2009 at 11:02 AM

The country is so large and this looks like a lush green area that rivals any others. Great job of presenting it.

• icunme's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2009 at 9:53 AM

Enjoyed this virtual tour with you - let me know when you build those Gurudongmar Lake pages!! Ciao, Carol

• junecorlett's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2009 at 4:44 AM

How well you put it!!! I am enjoying very hard rain at the moment, lots of thunder and lightning,,,enjoying it.

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo
    Dec 6, 2008 at 2:09 PM

lovely pictures, good information on rural areas Bengal. I will soon be seeing myself!! Thanks Goutam

• mallyak's Profile Photo
    Sep 16, 2008 at 1:02 PM

The dances from the epic Mahabharata-are very well depicted!The romace between Bhima and Hidimbi always fascinated me as a boy.This a beautiful page on Rural India.Fortuantely rural india is not Inundated with Tourists!

• RoyJava's Profile Photo
    Jun 20, 2008 at 12:06 AM

Amazing to read about your Rural Bengal, sounds like particular places in Indonesia, where a Goddess is worshipped. Loved the rain tellings... we enjoyed rain, too, when we were kids in Papua (New Guinea), greets RoyJava

• Acirfa's Profile Photo
    Oct 30, 2007 at 8:06 AM

Oh it is 13 counties rather than country's, sometimes known in other country's as provinces perhaps and no telescope needed on a clear day either

• Faiza-Ifrah's Profile Photo
    Mar 27, 2007 at 8:07 PM

this is an excellent page for cultural and eco-tourists. beautiful pictures all over. bengal is certainly more than bhapasha basu :-) i had planned to visit another page of yours, but bengal's beauty pulled me here.

• shintarojon's Profile Photo
    Sep 20, 2006 at 9:24 AM

gosh...wot a beautiful shot in this page!! i forgot the name of my hotel...and dont know also the number...i am outside right now..it is raining...

• tremendopunto's Profile Photo
    Sep 9, 2006 at 4:57 AM

Thanks for your deep-thought comment on Nepal. Your pages are great - I really like your detailed descriptions and the pics are just beautiful!

goutammitra

“Thanks Daniel & Giampiero for the Tee Shirt!”

Badges & Stats in State of West Bengal

• 1,838 Photos

Have you been to State of West Bengal?

Videos in State of West Bengal