State of Sikkim Packing List Tips by goutammitra Top 5 Page for this destination
State of Sikkim What to Pack: 1 reviews and 4 photos
This kind of Feather jackets are of great help.
Luggage and bags: Please carry backpack, bags, suitcases which are light in weight as you yourself will have to carry. Preferably it should have wheel to pull.
Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: If you are visiting North Sikkim destinations like Gurudongmar Lake ( 17800 Feet) or Yumthang ( 12500 Feet) during October to March ( it is very very cold, day temp could be -20 Degrees Celcius), you must wear good leather sneaker ( cloth sneaker are useless), wollen socks, Heavy/ monkey cap, wollen/ leather gloves, heavy feather jackets as they are very light (see picture), inner thermals for body and legs, wind cheaters like stuff. I wore a wollen cap which was not wind proof, I was having problem.
Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Please carry your medicines, water and what your doctor has suggested for high altitude. I found chweingums of great help to overcome giddiness at very high altitude. Please carry anti vomit tablets like Avomine, Pregnidoxin, Reglan and Deriphyllin/ Coca for breath control.
Photo Equipment: Please carry extra data cards if you are taking pictures in high mega pixels, you are going to run out of space. Lithium batteries are also not much help as they can store little charge. Carry several alcaline batteries and camera which can be of great help as you will be tempted to take thousands of photographs.
Miscellaneous: Please avoid drinking while at high altitude, you should not drink at all on the previous night before going to Gurudongmar or any high altitude destination above 10000 feet, it is one of the major cause of dehydration. Drink water in small sip while climbing. If you feel sick, just don't stay out of the vehicle at high altitude. Please don't keep the ears closed or air tight as it helps to acclamatise quickly if you are in a vehicle at high altitude, let the air flow slowly in the ears. Wollen caps do best than leathe caps or ear plugs. The plain landers needs to acclamatize, please avoid shouting, smoking or running as there is 30% less Oxygen!!
More Reviews (35)
- See All VT Travels to NathuLa Pass Indo- Chinese...
- See All Don't get too close to Water Falls!!
- See All Please Ask for Permission for...
- See All Hot Tea & Hot Noodles at 12900 Feet:
goutammitra's Related Pages
State of Sikkim Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Visit to Nathu La ( Pass) Indo- Chinese Border!"
- "Sikkim, tropical Tibet"
- "Switzerland of the east-North Sikkim"
- "The Sikkim Trip"
- "Sikkim - my shangrila"
- "HeaVen on the Earth"
- "State of Sikkim"
- See All...
- Things to Do in State of Sikkim
- Hotels in State of Sikkim
- Transportation in State of Sikkim
- Nightlife in State of Sikkim
- Restaurants in State of Sikkim
- Shopping in State of Sikkim
- Warnings and Dangers in State of Sikkim
- See All...
Badges & Stats in State of Sikkim
- 102 Reviews
- 497 Photos
- 33 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to State of Sikkim?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in State of Sikkim
- Posted in Travel Srinagar Forum "Re: Visit Kashmere in mid-march,..."
- Commented on one of goutammitra's State of Sikkim tips
- Wrote a Review VT Travels to NathuLa Pass Indo- Chinese Border-5 in State of Sikkim Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "VT Travels to NathuLa Pass Indo- Chinese Border-5"
- updated a State of Sikkim Travel Page "Visit to Nathu La ( Pass) Indo- Chinese Border!"
- Uploaded a Video to State of Sikkim
Videos in State of SikkimSee All Videos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kolkata (Calcutta) Intro, 214 reviews, 1077 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kathmandu Intro, 64 reviews, 329 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gangtok Intro, 66 reviews, 306 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 57 reviews, 273 photos
- Cairo Intro, 44 reviews, 224 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puri Intro, 41 reviews, 208 photos, 5 travelogues
- Gosaba Intro, 32 reviews, 208 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Union Territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands Intro, 41 reviews, 196 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Sikkim Intro, 36 reviews, 191 photos, 2 travelogues
- Shillong Intro, 32 reviews, 182 photos, 3 travelogues