Gauhati Transportation Tips by goutammitra
Gauhati Transportation: 1 reviews and 5 photos
Type: Car/Motor Home
Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport
The city of Guwahati is connected with most of the Indian city and internationally with Bangkok. The Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport is one of the most modern airport of India as it was built recently after modernisation. It has very efficient luggage handling system and the airport is very efficient.
There are about 12 flights operating from Kolkata only in a day! Besides, it is also connected with Delhi, North East, Bombay, Ahmedabad etc. Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport is getting a facelift, to make it better equipped to handle increased air traffic. The upgrade is slated for completion by the end of 2010. The overhaul will include both cosmetic and operational changes. The modern airport will include air link corridors, aero bridges and escalators. Work is also on to improve the quality of the taxiways and widening the shoulders of the tarmac with a view to handle increased air traffic, in the future.
A380 ready runway and Jetways in the terminal has also been planned. Once ready, the Guwahati International Airport can be opened to larger-sized international carriers. Cyber cafes, jewellery shops, mobile charging booths, and better quality seats in the lounge have also been included to make the airport truly international. The Airport Authority of India is aiming to covert the Guwahati Airport into a major international airport of India, which will mainly connect the country with Southeast Asia.
More Reviews (9)
goutammitra's Related Pages
Gauhati Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gauhati: The Gateway to Mystic North East"
- "The Beautiful Guwahati"
- "The Gateway to the Northeast"
- "gauhati or guwahti"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gauhati
- Hotels in Gauhati
- Transportation in Gauhati
- Restaurants in Gauhati
- Shopping in Gauhati
- Warnings and Dangers in Gauhati
- See All...
Explore the World
- Pirgos Psilonerou Hotels
- Kisirkaya Hotels
- San Cristóbal de La Laguna Hotels
- Collins Landing
- Odawara Hotels
Badges & Stats in Gauhati
- 11 Reviews
- 46 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Gauhati?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gauhati
- Posted in Travel Goa Forum "Re: is it poossible fromGoa to..."
- Wrote a Review Japi & Gamucha for Traditional welcome in Assam in Gauhati Local Customs
- Uploaded a Photo to "Japi & Gamucha for Traditional welcome in Assam"
- updated a Gauhati Travel Page "Gauhati: The Gateway to Mystic North East"
- Uploaded a Video to Gauhati
- Commented on one of Rupanworld's Gauhati travel pages
Videos in GauhatiSee All Videos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kolkata (Calcutta) Intro, 214 reviews, 1077 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kathmandu Intro, 64 reviews, 329 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gangtok Intro, 66 reviews, 306 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 57 reviews, 273 photos
- Cairo Intro, 44 reviews, 224 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puri Intro, 41 reviews, 208 photos, 5 travelogues
- Gosaba Intro, 32 reviews, 208 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Union Territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands Intro, 41 reviews, 196 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Sikkim Intro, 36 reviews, 191 photos, 2 travelogues
- Shillong Intro, 32 reviews, 182 photos, 3 travelogues