"Mussoorie , the 'Queen of Hills'" Top 5 Page for this destination Mussoorie by goutammitra
Mussoorie Travel Guide: 49 reviews and 213 photos
Mussoorie is known as the 'Queen of Hills' for its immense beauty. It is located in the Garhwal hills.In 1820 Captain Young from the British army was enchanted by its beauty and made it his home. Mussoorie is named after the plants of Mansur shrub wich were found in abundance here. Mussourie is towering at a height of 2,500 meters over the doon valley. It is rich in varied flora and funa.
Mussoorie is a good place for the adventure seekers and for the nature lovers. The enigmatic view of pine layered hill tops and snow capped hills make an ever lasting impression on the minds of the people who visit this place.During summers the whole town is packed with tourists from all over the country. And since it is close to Mussoorie, many people visit the city just for the weekends.It is the best place for tourists who want respite from the summer conditions of the plains. Mussoorie is one of the few cities in India that can boast of being one of the most visited city because of its natural beauty. This city is blessed with some of the best natural bounties and has some of commercial malls that gives this place an added advantage in terms of visitors. Its well laid out gardens are also an addittion to its beauty this town of Mussoorie also houses one of the most famous waterfalls in India the Kempty falls.
Mussoorie Location: Mussoorie is located in the foot hills of Himalayas
Rainfall in Mussoorie: 180 cms per annum
Climate of Mussoorie: Summer: 23ºC -10ºC
Winter: 10 °C - 1°C
Best Time to Visit: April-June; September-October
How To Reach Mussoorie:
By Air: Nearest airport is situated 24 kms away from Mussoorie. .
By Rail: The nearest railway station is situated in Dehradun. It is 25 kms from Mussoorie.
By Road: Mussoorie is conveniently linked by road to Delhi (300KM)and other major cities of India.
I did not eat here as we had all our food at Hotel Vishnu, and our stay was brief in Mussoorie. But I had a glimpse of... more travel advice
These pictures of Badrinath Range were taken by my Handycam, which has a ZOOm Range of 120X in Digital. But it too gives... more travel advice
goutammitra's Related Pages
Mussoorie Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mussoorie , the 'Queen of Hills'"
- "The Quiet Hill-Station"
- "Queen of resorts, resort of Kings"
- "Mussoorie - An Old Hill Station"
- "Queen of the Hills!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mussoorie
- Hotels in Mussoorie
- Transportation in Mussoorie
- Restaurants in Mussoorie
- Shopping in Mussoorie
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mussoorie
- 21 Reviews
- 98 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Mussoorie?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mussoorie
- Posted in Travel Gangtok Forum "Re: Sikkim travel in feb 1st week.."
- Commented on one of mantru's Mussoorie travel pages
- Wrote a Review Mussooire's Revolving Restaurant. in Mussoorie Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Mussooire's Revolving Restaurant."
- updated a Mussoorie Travel Page "Mussoorie , the 'Queen of Hills'"
Photos in MussoorieSee All Photos (98)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kolkata (Calcutta) Intro, 215 reviews, 1077 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kathmandu Intro, 64 reviews, 329 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gangtok Intro, 66 reviews, 306 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 57 reviews, 273 photos
- Cairo Intro, 44 reviews, 224 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puri Intro, 41 reviews, 208 photos, 5 travelogues
- Gosaba Intro, 32 reviews, 208 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Union Territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands Intro, 41 reviews, 196 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Sikkim Intro, 36 reviews, 191 photos, 2 travelogues
- Shillong Intro, 32 reviews, 182 photos, 3 travelogues