"Srinagar" Top 5 Page for this destination Srinagar by goutammitra
Srinagar Travel Guide: 138 reviews and 575 photos
I have spent about 10 days in Srinagar in 1977 at Amirakadal ( Near Lal Chowk) in a houseboat and also two nights in a houseboat at Dal Lake. So many things have changed since then, that love, warmth is now missing. The city is now has become a concrete jungle with hundreds of security men all around. The last time I visited here in 1977, the beautiful houses were made of wood, the air was full of smell of Chinar tree, people were very very friendly, food were cheap, climate was cool and there was smiles on faces. However, it is still very beautiful, many of the people are still very warm and love the tourist.
Srinagar is the summer seasonal capital of Jammu and Kashmir. It is situated in Kashmir Valley and lies on the banks of the Jhelum River, a tributary of the Indus. It is one of the largest cities in India not to have a Hindu majority.The city is famous for its gardens, lakes and houseboats. It is also known for traditional Kashmiri handicrafts and dry fruits. It is also the headquarters of Srinagar district.
The River Jhelum is life line of Kashmir, Srinagar city is situated on the both banks of River Jhelum. Now there are... more travel advice
There are only two ways now that takes you to Srinagar the first and the choice of the affording class is by air and the... more travel advice
- See All People of Kashmir-II ( Pictures Speak...
- See All Be Ready to pay Premium at Grocery/...
- People and Market watching at Srinagar!
goutammitra's Related Pages
Srinagar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Srinagar - Lake City of the Himalayas"
- "Srinagar, Kashmir"
- "`Paradise on Earth'"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Srinagar
- Hotels in Srinagar
- Transportation in Srinagar
- Nightlife in Srinagar
- Restaurants in Srinagar
- Shopping in Srinagar
- Warnings and Dangers in Srinagar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Srinagar
- 29 Reviews
- 136 Photos
- 11 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Srinagar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Srinagar
Photos in SrinagarSee All Photos (136)
Videos in SrinagarSee All Videos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kolkata (Calcutta) Intro, 214 reviews, 1077 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kathmandu Intro, 64 reviews, 329 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gangtok Intro, 66 reviews, 306 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 57 reviews, 273 photos
- Cairo Intro, 44 reviews, 224 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puri Intro, 41 reviews, 208 photos, 5 travelogues
- Gosaba Intro, 32 reviews, 208 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Union Territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands Intro, 41 reviews, 196 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Sikkim Intro, 36 reviews, 191 photos, 2 travelogues
- Shillong Intro, 32 reviews, 182 photos, 3 travelogues