"Udaipur City of Lake" Top 5 Page for this destination Udaipur by indiabazaar
Udaipur Travel Guide: 52 reviews and 80 photos
Located in the Aravalli ranges of Rajasthan, the city of Udaipur is situated at a distance of about 405 km from the state capital Jaipur. The city is well connected through air, rail, and road to other important cities of India like Jaipur, Delhi, and Mumbai
If Jaipur is a study in pink, Udaipur is a vision in white. The City of Dawn, surrounded by the ancient Aravali Mountains and set on the edge of three lakes, is a brilliant kaleidoscope of narrow lanes flanked by bright stalls, gardens, lakes, palaces and temples.
Rajasthan is a romantic place with tales of valour & chivalry & a history that brings to life forts & palaces & court intrigues. But Udaipur is different - a splash of color in colorful Rajasthan that's brighter, tinged with the tons of local legends & lores. Here are lakes that come as a surprise in sandy Rajasthan, and forested hills where wildlife still abounds. And in the lakes or by their edges are places straight out of fairy tales, each more beautiful than the other.
The city is connected by regular flights to Delhi, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Aurangabad, and Mumbai.
Udaipur is on the Western Railway meter gauge network. Trains such as the Chetak Express and the Mewar Express connect it to Delhi, Chittor, Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Ajmer, and Jodhpur.
Udaipur is on National Highway No. 8. Transport corporations of several states such as Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh operate buses to Udaipur. The main bus stand is on the City Station Road from where one can take buses to most of the other important tourist destinations of Rajasthan as well as western India and northern India.
Sukhadia Circle is Foutain made by Late Cheif minister Mohan Lal Shukadia of Rajasthan from Udaipur more travel advice
- See All Guest House
- See All Hotels in Udaipur
- See All Shilpgram Festival December
- See All aapani dhani
indiabazaar's Related Pages
Udaipur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Udaipur City of Lake"
- "Romantic And Peaceful Udaipur"
- "The White City - Udaipur"
- "Udaipur in 1 weekend"
- "UDAIPUR---A CITY OF BEAUTY"
- "THE HEAVEN IN INDIA"
- "Lakes and Palaces"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Udaipur
- Hotels in Udaipur
- Transportation in Udaipur
- Restaurants in Udaipur
- Shopping in Udaipur
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Udaipur
- 31 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Udaipur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Udaipur
Photos in UdaipurSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- State of Rajasthan Intro, 43 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Udaipur Intro, 31 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- India Intro, 32 reviews, 5 photos
- Ahmadabad Intro, 10 reviews, 10 photos
- State of Kerala Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Jaipur Intro, 9 reviews, 2 photos
- Jaisalmer Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Goa Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Vrindavan Intro, 6 reviews
- Agra Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos, 1 travelogue