"Swimming in the volcano" Lago di Bracciano by baronedivandastad
Lago di Bracciano Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 57 photos
Like most other lakes in Central Italy, Bracciano lies in the crater of an extinct volcano. This is quite evident when you look around from the beach. Compared to other lakes in the area, Bracciano is a bit less touristy and less crowded even on summer days. This makes it a nice hunting terrain for the QoL tourist like me.
Bracciano is bordered by three lovely villages: Anguillara Sabazia, Martignano and Bracciano, which gives the name to the lake. All three are interesting to see, all have at least one good restaurant and the road that connects them (the lakeside road) is extremely scenic, especially if ridden at moderate speed on a motorbike.
- Pros:Excellent swimming, great food.
- Cons:Dirty at times, especially in the beginning of the summer.
- In a nutshell:Come to swim there with the Baron!
I got caught by the volcanic (heh!) owner this place while strolling in a peaceful street in Bracciano back in June... more travel advice
Perhaps the prettiest of the three villages on the lake, Anguillara Sabazia (or simply anguillara) is a real gem,... more travel advice
baronedivandastad's Related Pages
Lago di Bracciano Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Swimming in the volcano"
- "Lago di Bracciano - 3 Towns - many choices"
- "An Enchanting Medieval Village on Lake Bracciano"
- ".......silence NATURE is talking now.."
- "Marlbro Cigarettes and Ferrari"
- "Lake of Bracciano"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lago di Bracciano
- Hotels in Lago di Bracciano
- Restaurants in Lago di Bracciano
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lago di Bracciano
- 5 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Lago di Bracciano?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lago di Bracciano
Photos in Lago di BraccianoSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riyadh Intro, 39 reviews, 33 photos
- Rome Intro, 35 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Catania Intro, 20 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuwait Intro, 18 reviews, 15 photos
- Milan Intro, 18 reviews, 11 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 13 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monteriggioni Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Rieti Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Lago di Bracciano Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Naples Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos