"The Quality of Life guide to Rome" Rome by baronedivandastad

Rome Travel Guide: 11,964 reviews and 26,451 photos

The flavours of Rome

After strolling a bit through the existing Rome pages I gave up: there's no way on Earth that I can manage to even come close to what you'll find on VT about Rome.

First of all, I have no time to say everything I have to say about the city where I live. Second, I don't see things with the tourist's eyes and don't do touristy things (I've been to Fontana dei Trevi only once, and hated it). Third, I don't usually go around with a camera in the city where I live.

So how can I contribute to VT's enormously rich knowledge base? by writing what tourists don't get to know. Since I'm a gourmet sort of person that loves Quality of Life, the decision was easy to make.

So here you'll find tips on restaurants, wine bars, pubs, nightlife and all sort of stuff that's generally connected to the concept of QoL.

• Pros:The gourmet capital of the world.
  • Cons:Prices can be steep, especially in touristy areas.
  • In a nutshell:Excellent food, incredible variety and beautiful places.
  • Last visit to Rome: Jun 2005
  • Intro Written Jun 25, 2005

• fdrich29's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2007 at 4:13 PM

One of the best Rome pages on VT! Grazie Il Barone!! Can't wait to be in Italy again, I'll certainly be following many of your tips. Frank

• Roadquill's Profile Photo
    Dec 30, 2006 at 10:19 PM

Mac, good restaurant tips, hopefully next year I can use them. Also the tip about finding the Peroni. Cheers, Karl

• icunme's Profile Photo
    May 1, 2006 at 10:06 AM

Hi there Baron - saved many of your restaurant tips to my guide - hope all is well w/you. Ciao, Carol

• Gili_S's Profile Photo
    Apr 25, 2006 at 3:34 AM

I love your "No things to do page" & your "Driving and walking" rules are excellent. Ciao ;-)

• Senoritasmile's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2006 at 9:22 AM

Being a 'foodie' too, you have tempted me to add Rome to my list this year. Thanks! Kerry

• cheekymarieh's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2006 at 8:25 AM

Unfortunately I won't have time to sample all of your restaurant tips on my trip but my mouth is watering at the thought of the food on offer.

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2006 at 2:02 AM

Ho preso nota di alcuni tuoi tips. Spero di venire a Roma verso Pasqua. Ciao!

• chiara76's Profile Photo
    Nov 22, 2005 at 4:35 AM

Hello there! You live in one of the nicest cities in the world. Lucky you! Greetings from Warsaw. Maria.

• karenincalifornia's Profile Photo
    Aug 24, 2005 at 9:01 AM

I should have read your tips on restaurants before I went to Rome - but the food is good everywhere! Don't you just hate those pedestrians who are text messaging when they are crossing the street??

• vincenzo_gaziano's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2005 at 8:22 AM

Thanks for visiting my Pisa page !! Vivi a Roma, che fortuna, beato te !!! CIAO

baronedivandastad Used To Live Here!

baronedivandastad