"Welcome to the MidWest - erm... Middle East" Top 5 Page for this destination Riyadh by baronedivandastad
Riyadh Travel Guide: 571 reviews and 1,140 photos
Yes, if you ignore the traditional arabic dresses and the sometimes cryptical signs Riyadh is more of a midwestern city in the US than the capital of one of the oldest middle eastern countries. Large cars, large buildings, even larger roads, reckless drivers, enormous shopping malls, huge empty spaces outside and, frankly, very little to do. Dallas, Texas? No, welcome to Riyadh, Saudi Arabia!
- Pros:Welcoming people who usually mind their own business.
- Cons:It's a bit of a misfit in the Middle East
- In a nutshell:Go if you like big cars and dislike partying.
Flying is the only reasonable way to get to Saudi Arabia from Europe. This said, there's not too many companies that... more travel advice
Signs can be different from those in Europe. Luckily there's almost always an English translation or a helpful person... more travel advice
- See All Highest dining in Riyadh
- See All Saudis
- See All Coffee and juice in the shadow of...
baronedivandastad's Related Pages
Riyadh Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Riyadh..My New HOME"
- "Welcome to the MidWest - erm... Middle East"
- "Riyadh, 5 Million of Inhabitants from All Over"
- "home sweet home"
- "ý19 an hour,I'll go"
- "Believe it or not but it's my passion"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Riyadh
- Hotels in Riyadh
- Transportation in Riyadh
- Nightlife in Riyadh
- Restaurants in Riyadh
- Shopping in Riyadh
- Warnings and Dangers in Riyadh
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Riyadh
- 39 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 46 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Riyadh?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Riyadh
- Posted in Travel Iran Forum "RE: RE: Visa into Iran from..."
- Commented on one of 4x4Xplorer's Riyadh travel pages
- Wrote a Review Four golden rules when making business in Saudia in Riyadh Local Customs
- Uploaded a Photo to "Camera phones"
- updated a Riyadh Travel Page "Welcome to the MidWest - erm... Middle East"
Photos in RiyadhSee All Photos (32)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riyadh Intro, 39 reviews, 33 photos
- Rome Intro, 35 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Catania Intro, 20 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuwait Intro, 18 reviews, 15 photos
- Milan Intro, 18 reviews, 11 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 13 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monteriggioni Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Rieti Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Lago di Bracciano Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Naples Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos