"A reborn city" Top 5 Page for this destination Kuwait by baronedivandastad
Kuwait Travel Guide: 276 reviews and 746 photos
Kuwait City has been reborn. Anyone coming here before the second Gulf war (when the US removed Saddam Hussein from Iraq) would have found a sad and rather depressed city where all the people had escape plans in case the nuthead decides to attack again. Now it's a different story: skyscrapers are rising like mushrooms in wet wood, and the mood of the people is definitely that of a country that's finally free and can express its potential. It will be interesting to see what happens here in the next 5-10 years, as the city really has a potential of becoming another Dubai or Bahrein.In the meantime, it's a peaceful, rather eventless place which is ideal for business and little more.
Officially, Islam prohibits all celebrations except for those that are tied to the Qu'ran and to religion in general.... more travel advice
Wherever you go in Kuwait, you can't miss the high rise buildings that are popping up like mushrooms when wealthy local... more travel advice
baronedivandastad's Related Pages
Kuwait Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kuwait City - A hidden gem"
- "My First visit to the Gulf - Im in Kuwait!"
- "Hala Kuwait!"
- "The end of the Gulf"
- "A reborn city"
- "With A Little Help of Her Friends"
- "Al Kuwait"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kuwait
- Hotels in Kuwait
- Transportation in Kuwait
- Nightlife in Kuwait
- Restaurants in Kuwait
- Shopping in Kuwait
- Warnings and Dangers in Kuwait
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kuwait
- 18 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Kuwait?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kuwait
- Posted in Travel Iran Forum "RE: RE: Visa into Iran from..."
- Commented on one of kuwait_david's Kuwait travel pages
- Wrote a Review On Christmas and other non-muslim celebrations in Kuwait Local Customs
- Uploaded a Photo to "On Christmas and other non-muslim celebrations"
- updated a Kuwait Travel Page "A reborn city"
Photos in KuwaitSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riyadh Intro, 39 reviews, 33 photos
- Rome Intro, 35 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Catania Intro, 20 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuwait Intro, 18 reviews, 15 photos
- Milan Intro, 18 reviews, 11 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 13 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monteriggioni Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Rieti Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Lago di Bracciano Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Naples Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos