"Karlsruhe 7th Gluhwein meet and more..." Karlsruhe by suvanki

Karlsruhe Travel Guide: 901 reviews and 4,143 photos

Saturday Night Gluhwein Meet

This was my first visit to the Karlsruhe Gluhwein meet. I arrived in the early hours of Saturday morning, and after an unsettled night, I met up with 'the gang' for a day out in Landau, then an evening in Karlsruhe- checking out the markets, then adjourning for a meal.

The next day, I visited Durlach and Bruchsal, before returning to the outskirts of Karlsruhe for a meal near Christines home.
Monday, I visited Durlach again, then had a bit more time to explore Karlsruhe-I still haven't seen as much of this city as I'd have liked-so hoping to return next year, for a better look!

• Pros:Easy to get around. Atmospheric Christmas Markets.
  • Cons:No direct flights here from Northern England
  • In a nutshell:See you there for the next Gluhwein meet?
  • Last visit to Karlsruhe: Dec 2010
  • Intro Updated Feb 24, 2011

• Gillybob's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2012 at 8:20 AM

Hopefully, someone will sort out flights from the north of England so that I can get out to this annual meet! Gillybob greetings

• suvanki's Profile Photo
      Oct 11, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Yes, Train/tube/bus to Stanstead, then flight to Baden Baden then train to Karlsruhe is a bit of a nightmare for us Northerners!
      Next time, I'll consider flight to Berlin, then take it from there .... but DIRECT flight would be very much appreciated!
      This meet is well worth attending!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    May 6, 2012 at 10:32 AM

Yes, do try to attend another Karlsruhe meeting sometime. I always try to go to the Glühwein meetings if I don't have to teach on that weekend.

• Igraine's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2011 at 6:15 AM

It was good to see you join in the fun. I always love the gluhwein meetings. Up to the next one :)

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2011 at 1:24 PM

Love those pics!!! So glad you could join us at the 7th Karlsruhe Glühwein meet!!!

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Dec 26, 2010 at 12:52 PM

I keep coming back to KA and still haven't seen it all ;) EB has now pages on Landau and KA.

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Dec 14, 2010 at 11:44 AM

Hello! I'm looking forward to reading your tips about Karlsruhe.

suvanki

“Enjoy Yourself -It's later than you think!”

Badges & Stats in Karlsruhe

Have you been to Karlsruhe?