"19 Fascinating days in Iran" Top 5 Page for this destination Iran by suvanki
Iran Travel Guide: 2,871 reviews and 10,238 photos
Thinking of all my Friends, their families and Friends in Iran at this difficult time-
Iran had been near the top of my list of 'Must Sees' for a long time.
In 2006 I had booked a tour through Exodus travel, but got 'cold feet' due to George Dubbya spouting off about Iran, and 'financial embarrassment'!- I transferred my deposit to a trip to Morocco instead.
2007- Iran was still calling!!! - I'd checked out travel companies, and found a tour that suited me (far better than my earlier itinerary) This was to be a 19 day trip in May/ June 08, including camping with different nomad tribes.
I booked my trip through 'Persian Voyages' and found them to be excellent- Nasrin was so helpful in organising my trip, and offering reassurance when I had any concerns. It was like arranging a trip with a friend, rather than a travel company!
As my departure date arrived, I was pleased to learn that I was the only member of the tour- so I had a guide/driver all to myself.
This suited me as I had the flexibility of individual travel, with all the hassle of arranging transport, hotels, restaurants and sightseeing being taken care of - giving me the chance to cram in as much as possible during my visit.
Also, there wasn't the dread of 'group travel' where there's often 1 or 2 self appointed leaders, who 'take over the trip' as I've experienced previously.
Please click here for Nomadic and Sightseeing Tour details My trip was slightly different from the listed itinerary and didn't include Yazd.
I think that my Iran trip will be a long VT Project! I've made a start though!
I'm intending to write my Iran Things to do tips in date and time order. (so it might be quite a while before I get to my Shiraz and Esfahan tips)
I'm enjoying writing my tips, as memories keep flooding back, while I sort through my photos and hastily scribbled notes.
I hope you enjoy reading about my trip, and that it either brings back memories (for those who've visited some of the same places), or inspires you to want to visit this fascinating and unique country.
I'm afraid that some of my tips might be a bit inaccurate, either because I've misheard my guide, or his translation/ info was incorrect.
Some place names etc have alternative spellings, where possible I have listed these.
Please feel free to e-mail me if you spot any big bloopers, or where I've asked for info about places .
Oh, and feel free to rate any tips you find useful!
I've added these links for those who want to skip to a certain place quickly, but if you start at the beginning, it's a time order account of my trip.
Page 1 Tehran, Qazvin, Manjil, Bandar-e-Anzali to Masuleh
Page 2 Masuleh, Bandar-e-Anzali, Ardebil, Fakhrabad, Mount Sabalan
Page 3 Lahrood, Mount Sabalan, Shabil, Tabriz
Page 4 Tabriz, Osku, Ispanjan Village, Kandovan, Maraqeh
Page 5 Maraqeh Takab Zendan-e-Soleiman Takht-e-Soleiman Bijar Ali Sadr Caves Hamadan
Below are links to some of the Pages of places I've visited, with more info and photos.
Bandar-e-Anzali (under construction)
- Pros:Fascinating Country, Friendly locals, low key tourism, No Mc Donalds!!!
- Cons:Traffic in the cities-the unleaded petrol fumes had me choking and my eyes stinging
- In a nutshell:It exceeded my expectations-so many unexpected pleasant surprises!
After visiting the Ali Sadr Caves, we set off for Hamadan, where I was to stay for the next night. I was feeling a bit... more travel advice
Our journey to Bijar took us past an old caravanserai. These places of rest were introduced by Shah Abbas the Great in... more travel advice
suvanki's Related Pages
Iran Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "19 Fascinating days in Iran"
- "WELCOME TO MY IRAN PAGE"
- "Islamic Republic of Iran"
- "Kish Island"
- "Iran: Axis of History and Civilization"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Iran
- Hotels in Iran
- Transportation in Iran
- Nightlife in Iran
- Restaurants in Iran
- Shopping in Iran
- Warnings and Dangers in Iran
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Iran
- 108 Reviews
- 338 Photos
- 52 Forum posts
- 7 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (74)
Have you been to Iran?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Iran
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: HAVE YOU WISHED RICKY52 A..."
- Commented on one of suvanki's Iran travel pages
- updated a Iran Travel Page "19 Fascinating days in Iran"
- Wrote a Review Day 7 - Hamadan in Iran Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Day 7 Takht-e - Suleyman to Bijar and Gharve"
- Uploaded a Video to Iran
Videos in IranSee All Videos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 188 reviews, 626 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sheffield Intro, 163 reviews, 604 photos, 19 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bergamo Intro, 105 reviews, 651 photos, 28 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 45 reviews, 470 photos, 36 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 102 reviews, 245 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 30 reviews, 306 photos, 21 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iran Intro, 60 reviews, 194 photos
- Dublin Intro, 47 reviews, 201 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 40 reviews, 205 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 68 reviews, 168 photos