"A quick stop off in Tarnow - (Tar-noof)" Top 5 Page for this destination Tarnow by suvanki

Tarnow Travel Guide: 57 reviews and 131 photos

A warm town!

Tarnow (pronounced tar-noof) is approximately 80 km from Krakow, so it was ideally located for our first stop on our post Euromeet Road trip. SueT was the first to drive in Poland, poons navigated, and Gillybob and myself relaxed in the back - looking up points of interest, and taking pics.

Apparently Tarnow is recognised as being the warmest (climate) town in Poland, and is considered to be 'A pearl of the Polish Renaissance'

The town set up is considered to be unusual, because it has an oval centre, with a large square in its middle. This suggests it's origins are Medieval.

We parked up, on a street near the main square - and nipped into a nearby shop, to purchase a ticket for 2 hours parking.So time for a bit of sightseeing, and a bite to eat...before heading towards Zakopane.

We had passed through Tarnow previously...

I realised while we were walking around Tarnow, that we'd been here already......About 24 hours ago, we'd stopped briefly at Tarnow station, on our journey from Lviv back to Krakow - and I'd taken this photo. I didn't expect that I'd be back there again-the view from the train wasn't too inspiring!

• Pros:An interesting compact town with plenty to see
  • Cons:Didn't spend long enough here to find any
  • In a nutshell:Worth a Day trip from Krakow
  • Last visit to Tarnow: Jun 2010
  • Intro Updated Feb 25, 2011

suvanki

“Enjoy Yourself -It's later than you think!”

Badges & Stats in Tarnow