"Bala" Bala by suvanki
Bala Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 131 photos
I'm always pleased to see the first sign to Bala appear on our now annual trip to Dolgammed for Myfanwes VT Camping weekend, and am quite excited (and relieved) that we are nearly there once we pass Bala.
Apart from a stop off for a meal break the year before, this was the first time that I'd had chance to look around the town. Passing by the previous day, the town was thronged with visitors, and the lake was proving an attraction for those enjoying a variety of water sports or chilling in the sunshine, below blue skies and near or on the blue hued lake.
Fast Forward 24 hours..... It's raining and the sky and lake are various (Fifty??) shades of grey.
We arrived by steam train from Llanuwchllyn and followed the signs to Town Centre Parking, which brought us out at the edge of the town, on the main road through Bala.
Vicki pointed out the ancient stones, that signified an Eisteddfod had been held here; as well as the site of the old town castle.
We had a wander around a few shops, then headed for a bite to eat/ a drink and shelter from the drizzle.
- Pros:An interesting market town, a good base for exploring further afield.
Again, during our walk from Bala train Station to the town centre, Vicki pointed out this place of interest - an old... more travel advice
During our journey to Dolgammedd Camp Site, it has become tradition, for Gilly and I to stop of en route for a quick... more travel advice
suvanki's Related Pages
Bala Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful Bala"
- "Home to Lake Bala"
- "A town on the Lake"
- "VT camping but I could only stomach a day of it"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bala
- Hotels in Bala
- Transportation in Bala
- Restaurants in Bala
- Shopping in Bala
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bala
- 10 Reviews
- 44 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (99)
Have you been to Bala?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bala
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 188 reviews, 626 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sheffield Intro, 168 reviews, 621 photos, 19 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bergamo Intro, 105 reviews, 651 photos, 28 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 45 reviews, 470 photos, 36 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 30 reviews, 390 photos, 33 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 102 reviews, 245 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iran Intro, 60 reviews, 194 photos
- Dublin Intro, 47 reviews, 201 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 40 reviews, 205 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 68 reviews, 168 photos