"Suvankis Day Trip to Belfast for 2 pence!" Top 5 Page for this destination Belfast by suvanki
Belfast Travel Guide: 457 reviews and 1,027 photos
A Great day spent seeing the sights of Belfast, a place that I've wanted to visit for a long time - still got more to see, so hopefully it won't be too long before I'm back again, especially if Ryanair keep putting on such cheap flights! I paid the grand sum of 2pence! No taxes etc-hand luggage only, checked in online and paid with Visa Electron- As my friend Tina would say - "MARVELOUS"!
I set off from East Midlands Airport at 06.20, and 45 minutes later, I landed at Belfast George Best Airport, a bus was waiting outside to take me into Belfast City, 10 minutes away. I landed to grey skies and a typical Irish rainy day. The rain had stopped by the time I reached the Europa Bus Station. I was eager to explore, and set off for St Georges Market, as a VTer tip had advised, that it opened early. A disaster struck early on, when I found that the 2 memory cards for my camera were faulty- so I had to wait until Argos opened so that I could buy new ones- then I realised that my spare battery was still charging at home. I decided to head for St Georges Market anyway, I could return later to take photos. But when I got there, I found that the market only opened Friday and Saturday. Hmmmm!
Argos wasn't open, so I went for a coffee, while I waited. From here the day got better! Armed with 2 new SD Cards, I set off to explore. I wanted to join the Hop On Hop Off bus for a tour of Belfast, which included Stormont. This didn't start until around 10.30.
To be continued.....
- Pros:History- Much remains from before 'The Troubles', Friendly locals, plenty to see and do
- Cons:Some No-Go areas-especially during 'The Marching Season'
- In a nutshell:A day is not long enough to experience Belfasts charms
The Harland and Wolff Shipyard is the worlds largest dry-dock. Towering above it are these 2 huge gantry cranes, which... more travel advice
This stained glass piece was propped up against a plain glass window. It was a portrait of Saint George. The lady... more travel advice
suvanki's Related Pages
Belfast Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Quick Trip To Belfast"
- "Fek! I never knew that..."
- "Belfast - no more a Troubled City?"
- "Suvankis Day Trip to Belfast for 2 pence!"
- "A real gem in the Emerald Isle"
- "Belfast ~ An Impressive Emergence"
- "Much more interesting than I expected......"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Belfast
- Hotels in Belfast
- Transportation in Belfast
- Nightlife in Belfast
- Restaurants in Belfast
- Shopping in Belfast
- Warnings and Dangers in Belfast
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Belfast
- 34 Reviews
- 109 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (103)
Have you been to Belfast?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Belfast
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: The story behind your profile..."
- updated a Belfast Travel Page "Suvankis Day Trip to Belfast for 2 pence!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Hop On Hop Off Tour (2) - Samson and Goliath"
- Wrote a Review Things to pack for a Day Trip in October in Belfast What to Pack
- Commented on one of SWFC_Fan's Belfast travel pages
Photos in BelfastSee All Photos (109)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 188 reviews, 626 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sheffield Intro, 171 reviews, 629 photos, 19 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bergamo Intro, 105 reviews, 651 photos, 28 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 45 reviews, 470 photos, 36 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 30 reviews, 390 photos, 33 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 102 reviews, 245 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iran Intro, 60 reviews, 194 photos
- Dublin Intro, 47 reviews, 203 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 40 reviews, 205 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 68 reviews, 168 photos