"Suvankis Day Trip to Belfast for 2 pence!" Top 5 Page for this destination Belfast by suvanki

Belfast Travel Guide: 396 reviews and 794 photos

A Great day spent seeing the sights of Belfast, a place that I've wanted to visit for a long time - still got more to see, so hopefully it won't be too long before I'm back again, especially if Ryanair keep putting on such cheap flights! I paid the grand sum of 2pence! No taxes etc-hand luggage only, checked in online and paid with Visa Electron- As my friend Tina would say - "MARVELOUS"!

I set off from East Midlands Airport at 06.20, and 45 minutes later, I landed at Belfast George Best Airport, a bus was waiting outside to take me into Belfast City, 10 minutes away. I landed to grey skies and a typical Irish rainy day. The rain had stopped by the time I reached the Europa Bus Station. I was eager to explore, and set off for St Georges Market, as a VTer tip had advised, that it opened early. A disaster struck early on, when I found that the 2 memory cards for my camera were faulty- so I had to wait until Argos opened so that I could buy new ones- then I realised that my spare battery was still charging at home. I decided to head for St Georges Market anyway, I could return later to take photos. But when I got there, I found that the market only opened Friday and Saturday. Hmmmm!
Argos wasn't open, so I went for a coffee, while I waited. From here the day got better! Armed with 2 new SD Cards, I set off to explore. I wanted to join the Hop On Hop Off bus for a tour of Belfast, which included Stormont. This didn't start until around 10.30.

To be continued.....

• Pros:History- Much remains from before 'The Troubles', Friendly locals, plenty to see and do
  • Cons:Some No-Go areas-especially during 'The Marching Season'
  • In a nutshell:A day is not long enough to experience Belfasts charms
  • Last visit to Belfast: Oct 2009
  • Intro Updated Feb 26, 2011

suvanki

“Enjoy Yourself -It's later than you think!”

Badges & Stats in Belfast

Have you been to Belfast?