Robin Hood's Bay Warnings Or Dangers Tips by suvanki Top 5 Page for this destination
Robin Hood's Bay Warnings and Dangers: 6 reviews and 7 photos
You don't need money to enjoy the view!
Although you can enjoy a day out in Robin Hoods Bay without spending too much money, there isn't a bank or ATM here.
Nearest banks are in Whitby or Scarborough.
The Post Office/Off Licence and General Store on Station Road (In the upper part of Robin Hood's Bay) cashes cheques* (most major banks) accepts credit cards and offers cash back service on debit cards.
Shop open daily 0800-1800 (1930 Sat)
(Tel- 01947 880202)
Thorpe Stores & Post Office in Fylingthorpe offers the same services also .
(Tel 01947 880213)
Apparently there is a Cash machine here, but there is a charge for cash withdrawal.
Local shops accept cheques*/Visa/Switch etc
*In many shops/petrol stations etc in England, personal cheques are no longer accepted forms of payment, so probably better to presume that this is the case here.
Phone: 01947 880202
Robin Hoods Bay
Although Robin Hoods Bay is a great place to spend a few hours or longer, as with any seaside/rural setting accidents can happen. So download these numbers, hide them away in the bottom of your bag, and no doubt you won't have to use them, but they're there if you do!
Doctors- New Surgery, Station Car Park 01947 880230 in emergency ring Whitby 01947 820888
Dental surgery at same address
Tues and Thurs 0900-1700
tel 01947 880328
Whitby Hospital Spring Hill, Whitby
01947 603443 (Whitby) or 01723 500300 or 999 in emergency
Fire, Ambulance Coastguard 999
Public Phones - The Dock (harbour ) Bank Top, Station Car Park
Public Toilets - The Dock,Bank Top, Station Car Park
Taxi 01947 880603
Warning sign Robin Hoods Bay
The main road from the car park, down the steep hill, finally ends in a slipway into the sea!
Yes, The North Sea, which is cold and can be rough!!
On my most recent visit (September) The sea was very rough!
It wasn't possible to get onto the beach :-(, and the waves were lashing the seawall.
As usual, people venturing onto the jetty, were trying to see how far the tides were reaching up the jetty, with a quick run back to safety, when a big wave came in unexpectedly!
The jetty can become slippery, so keep a close eye/hand on children if venturing out here.
More Reviews (27)
- Ice Cream on the beach
- See All Millennium Statue
- See All Snickets and tunnels
- See All The Big Gun
suvanki's Related Pages
Robin Hood's Bay Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Smugglers, Victorians and a lot more besides!"
- "If you need some air and exercise........"
- "Robin Hood's Bay , and Old Fishing village"
- "Robin Hood's Bay"
- "Dramatic seaside gem"
- "Robin Hood's Bay"
- "ROBIN HOOD'S BAY"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Robin Hood's Bay
- Hotels in Robin Hood's Bay
- Transportation in Robin Hood's Bay
- Nightlife in Robin Hood's Bay
- Restaurants in Robin Hood's Bay
- Shopping in Robin Hood's Bay
- Warnings and Dangers in Robin Hood's Bay
- See All...
Explore the World
- Istanbul Ili Hotels
- Willoughby Beach Hotels
- Ocala Hotels
- Central Province Hotels
- Tarifa (Cadiz)
- Estes Park
- People to Avoid
- places better to avoid at night
- Asia Warnings and Dangers
- Liberia Warnings and Dangers
- Yekaterinburg Warnings and Dangers
- Lahore Warnings and Dangers
- Slovakia Warnings and Dangers
- Ad Dammam Warnings and Dangers
- Estado de Quintana Roo Warnings and Dangers
- Money Changing
- Health and the Weather
Badges & Stats in Robin Hood's Bay
- 30 Reviews
- 53 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (72)
Have you been to Robin Hood's Bay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Robin Hood's Bay
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Would you go on a trip..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Second hand books"
- Wrote a Review Ice Cream on the beach in Robin Hood's Bay Restaurants
- updated a Robin Hood's Bay Travel Page "Smugglers, Victorians and a lot more besides!"
- Commented on one of denise16's Robin Hood's Bay travel pages
Photos in Robin Hood's BaySee All Photos (53)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 188 reviews, 626 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sheffield Intro, 156 reviews, 555 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bergamo Intro, 102 reviews, 594 photos, 22 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 38 reviews, 371 photos, 27 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 102 reviews, 245 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 30 reviews, 306 photos, 21 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iran Intro, 60 reviews, 194 photos
- Dublin Intro, 47 reviews, 201 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 40 reviews, 205 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 68 reviews, 168 photos