"Carlingford-Home of the Leprechauns!" Carlingford by suvanki
Carlingford Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 66 photos
I was in Dublin for a couple of days, and had arranged to meet up with VTer annemariebyrne She suggested visiting Carlingford for the 3rd annual National Leprechaun Hunt. I was intrigued by this, and readily agreed.
Well, I thoroughly enjoyed my day out. Carlingford is a listed medieval heritage town, in Northern Louth, located just over an hours drive from Dublin and Belfast, on the Cooley peninsula, in the stunning setting between Slieve Foy (Carlingford Mountain), Carlingford Lough and the Mourne mountains.
King Johns Castle overlooks the harbour. In the town you can see The Mint, Tholsel, Taafes Castle and Carlingford Friary - all examples of medieval architecture.
There is quite a community feel in Carlingford, which was evident at the Leprechaun Hunt. Throughout the year, the town hosts many festivals and events, including an Oyster Festival - I was looking forward to trying some of Carlingfords celebrated oysters.
- Pros:Lovely medieval town in scenic setting
- Cons:Didn't find any - cons or Leprechauns!
- In a nutshell:Keep an eye out for the Leprechauns!
Stopping every few feet to take photos, meant that we were near to the back of the procession, well not to worry, we... more travel advice
I was surprised to see how many 'Leprechaun Hunters' were in front of us, well I guess we weren't in with much chance of... more travel advice
suvanki's Related Pages
Carlingford Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Carlingford-Home of the Leprechauns!"
- "Medevial Carlingford"
- "CARLINGFORD 1"
- "Quiet Carlingford"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Carlingford
- 5 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (99)
Have you been to Carlingford?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Carlingford
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: School Trips? Do they spoil..."
- Wrote a Review Leprechaun Hunt Bringing up the rear.... in Carlingford Local Customs
- Uploaded a Photo to "Leprechaun Hunt Bringing up the rear...."
- created a Carlingford Travelogue "annemariebyrne invites me to Carlingford"
- Uploaded a Video to Carlingford
Photos in CarlingfordSee All Photos (27)
Videos in CarlingfordSee All Videos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 188 reviews, 626 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sheffield Intro, 170 reviews, 624 photos, 19 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bergamo Intro, 105 reviews, 651 photos, 28 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 45 reviews, 470 photos, 36 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 30 reviews, 390 photos, 33 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 102 reviews, 245 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iran Intro, 60 reviews, 194 photos
- Dublin Intro, 47 reviews, 201 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 40 reviews, 205 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 68 reviews, 168 photos