"VT Euromeet - Saturday 30th May 09 Estoril" Top 5 Page for this destination Estoril by suvanki
Estoril Travel Guide: 62 reviews and 353 photos
Saturday night - After a great day out at Sintra and Cabo da Roca, we all met up at the Estoril Restaurant, which was just behind the famous Estoril Casino.
I'm afraid that this was all that I got to see of Estoril, apart from the short walk from the train station, and passing by on the train from Cascais to Lisbon and back. I was intending to return during my stay in Cascais, but I'm afraid that I didn't get the chance.
Estoril is located about 15km from Lisbon, and lends its name to the former 'Sun Coast'. The Estoril coast runs from Carcavelos to Guincho,
Like its neighbour Cascais, Estoril is an elegant coastal resort.
There are remains of Roman mansions dating back around 2,000 years, and more recently it was the residence of Juan de Borbón, a pretender to the Spanish throne. During WW2 exiled royals and nobility made their homes here, with espionage agents adding to the atmosphere!
Once a renowned fishing village, its income today comes from tourism - visitors from Portugal and abroad being attracted to its sandy beaches, pleasant climate (warm winters and comfortable summer temperatures), its Casino-which is the largest in Europe (and is said to have been the inspiration for Ian Flemings James Bond novel of Casino Royale), and motor racing. It was once host to the F1 races. There are also 2 golf courses.
- Pros:Beaches, a Casino and with links to James Bond, exiled Royalty and Espionage - what's not to like?
- Cons:I didn't really see enough of this place
- In a nutshell:A pleasant resort town, easy to reach from Lisbon
Lisbon is the nearest airport to Estoril or Cascais. Although Liverpool isn't the nearest airport to my home, it had... more travel advice
This was the venue for the main evening of the 5th VT Euromeet in Portugal. We had paid 30 Euros for a buffet of... more travel advice
suvanki's Related Pages
Estoril Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Elegant Estoril."
- "VT Euromeet - Saturday 30th May 09 Estoril"
- "A Casino and a Beach"
- "Estoril on the Lisbon Coast"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Estoril
- Hotels in Estoril
- Transportation in Estoril
- Nightlife in Estoril
- Restaurants in Estoril
- Shopping in Estoril
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Estoril
- 4 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (99)
Have you been to Estoril?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Estoril
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: ARE SELFIE STICKS RUINING..."
- updated a Estoril Travel Page "VT Euromeet - Saturday 30th May 09 Estoril"
- Uploaded a Photo to "VT Euromeet - Saturday 30th May 09 Estoril"
- Wrote a Review Aerobus - Airport bus to Train Station in Estoril Transportation
- Commented on one of dila's Estoril travel pages
- Uploaded a Video to Estoril
Photos in EstorilSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 188 reviews, 626 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sheffield Intro, 170 reviews, 624 photos, 19 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bergamo Intro, 105 reviews, 651 photos, 28 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 45 reviews, 470 photos, 36 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 30 reviews, 390 photos, 33 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 102 reviews, 245 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iran Intro, 60 reviews, 194 photos
- Dublin Intro, 47 reviews, 201 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 40 reviews, 205 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 68 reviews, 168 photos