Bilbao Hotel Tips by suvanki Top 5 Page for this destination
Bilbao Hotels: 3,505 reviews and 110 photos
I booked this hotel through Venere.com, mainly for its location- I wanted to be near the Sant Mames Stadium (in hindsight, it wasn't quite as near as I'd planned (about a 15-20 minute walk), but the Renfe train ran there for 1.30 euros)
It took me a while to find the hotel, when I arrived from the train station (Zabalburu) around 2200hrs.
Although I had picked up a map, I was having trouble getting my bearings, also, it didn't feel like the area to be hanging around, looking lost!!
I was feeling quite conspicuous, so eventually had to ask a shopkeeper the directions to my hotel- luckily, he understood me, and knew the area.
My hotel was on the opposite side of Plaza Zabalburu.
The hotel looked smarter than I'd expected. In front of the reception area is a lounge area (and cycle hire)
Behind, is a small bar/ breakfast area.
The staff didn't speak much (if any) English, but they were friendly and polite enough. The receptiionist/ ? manageress gave me a map, and she located areas of interest on it, then drew a circle around an area, and put a big cross through the middle and indicated that it wasn't safe - Yes, the area that I'd just been heading into!
The hotel was opened in 1970, and is family run. There are 36 rooms.
My room was on the first floor. It was quite small and basic, but suitable for my 2 nights.
My window looked onto a terrace/balcony (Which I couldn't find access to) overlooking residential apartments. I quite liked this, as from the window opposite mine, there was music, that I liked listening to (a latin type of beat I think).
My room had a bed, wardrobe, bedside table and lamp, TV and 'phone.
Bathroom - Bath with shower attachment, WC, basin. Towels, soap, shower gel/shampoo hairdryer.
I paid 89.90 Euros for my single en-suite room for 2 nights.
Breakfast was extra (I didn't eat here). I think this was a bit expensive, but I would stay there again.
Unique Qualities: Handy for getting around-near to train station. Local Life. Shops, bars, cafes etc nearby.
Address: Pedro Martinez Artola, 8 , 48012 Bilbao, Basque Country
Comparison: about average
Directions: Off Plaza Zabalburu
Other Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 944 437 100 Fax 944100073
More Reviews (35)
suvanki's Related Pages
Bilbao Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bilbao, Capital of the World"
- "Bilbo, besterik gabe..."
- "Come and explore Bilbao with Suvanki"
- "Guggenheim Museum and much more..."
- "Bilbao, Spain"
- "The Camino Norte (1st section) – Irun to Santander"
- "Athletic Club"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bilbao
- Hotels in Bilbao
- Transportation in Bilbao
- Nightlife in Bilbao
- Restaurants in Bilbao
- Shopping in Bilbao
- Warnings and Dangers in Bilbao
- See All...
Explore the World
- Alexander Holiday Apartments
- Deer Park Hotel and Golf Course
- Treff Hotel Munchen City Centre
- The Sarojin
- Bayswater Inn
- Pensione Maxim
- Durag Niwas Guest House
- Steps to Everything - Navy Pier 31
- Queen Mary University of London
- Maya Hotel & Restaurant
- Club Posada Palau
- Boston Hotel
- U Pana Cogito Hotel
- Summerfield Condo Resort
Badges & Stats in Bilbao
- 36 Reviews
- 140 Photos
- 11 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (77)
Have you been to Bilbao?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bilbao
- Posted in Travel Kovalam Forum "Re: Night Entertainment in Kovalam "
- Commented on one of suvanki's Bilbao tips
- updated a Bilbao Travel Page "Come and explore Bilbao with Suvanki"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Bilbaos first Skyscraper?"
- Wrote a Review Bilbaos first Skyscraper? in Bilbao Things to Do
- Uploaded a Video to Bilbao
Photos in BilbaoSee All Photos (140)
Videos in BilbaoSee All Videos (2)
Read real reviews about Bilbao Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 188 reviews, 626 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sheffield Intro, 157 reviews, 584 photos, 19 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bergamo Intro, 103 reviews, 599 photos, 22 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 45 reviews, 470 photos, 36 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 102 reviews, 245 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 30 reviews, 306 photos, 21 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iran Intro, 60 reviews, 194 photos
- Dublin Intro, 47 reviews, 201 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 40 reviews, 205 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 68 reviews, 168 photos
Latest Bilbao hotel reviews
- Sheraton Bilbao Hotel
- 251 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2013
- NH Palacio de Oriol
- 41 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 15, 2013
- Golden Tulip Gran Hotel Ercilla
- 89 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 13, 2013
- Petit Palace Arana
- 108 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 10, 2013
- Barcelo Hotel Avenida
- 81 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 25, 2013
- Carlton Hotel
- 163 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 24, 2013
- Hostal Begona
- 63 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 10, 2013
- Barcelo Nervion
- 60 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 19, 2013
- 17 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 24, 2013
- San Mames
- 9 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 9, 2013
- Hotel Occidental Abando
- 70 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013
- Abba Parque Hotel Bilbao
- 36 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 19, 2013
- 1 Review & Opinion
- 22 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 11, 2013
- Bilbao Jardines
- 64 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 19, 2013
- Guggenheim Museum & Puppy- 70 Reviews, 152 Photos
- Old Town + Cathedral - Casco Viejo & El Arenal- 52 Reviews, 114 Photos
- Near Bilbao...around Vizcaya / Bizkaia- 15 Reviews, 18 Photos
- Zubizuri (White bridge)- 10 Reviews, 23 Photos
- Museums- 12 Reviews, 13 Photos
- One hour from Bilbao... Guipuzcoa/Gipuzkoa- 1 Reviews, 1 Photos