Bilbao Hotel Tips by suvanki Top 5 Page for this destination
Bilbao Hotels: 18,839 reviews and 121 photos
I booked this hotel through Venere.com, mainly for its location- I wanted to be near the Sant Mames Stadium (in hindsight, it wasn't quite as near as I'd planned (about a 15-20 minute walk), but the Renfe train ran there for 1.30 euros)
It took me a while to find the hotel, when I arrived from the train station (Zabalburu) around 2200hrs.
Although I had picked up a map, I was having trouble getting my bearings, also, it didn't feel like the area to be hanging around, looking lost!!
I was feeling quite conspicuous, so eventually had to ask a shopkeeper the directions to my hotel- luckily, he understood me, and knew the area.
My hotel was on the opposite side of Plaza Zabalburu.
The hotel looked smarter than I'd expected. In front of the reception area is a lounge area (and cycle hire)
Behind, is a small bar/ breakfast area.
The staff didn't speak much (if any) English, but they were friendly and polite enough. The receptiionist/ ? manageress gave me a map, and she located areas of interest on it, then drew a circle around an area, and put a big cross through the middle and indicated that it wasn't safe - Yes, the area that I'd just been heading into!
The hotel was opened in 1970, and is family run. There are 36 rooms.
My room was on the first floor. It was quite small and basic, but suitable for my 2 nights.
My window looked onto a terrace/balcony (Which I couldn't find access to) overlooking residential apartments. I quite liked this, as from the window opposite mine, there was music, that I liked listening to (a latin type of beat I think).
My room had a bed, wardrobe, bedside table and lamp, TV and 'phone.
Bathroom - Bath with shower attachment, WC, basin. Towels, soap, shower gel/shampoo hairdryer.
I paid 89.90 Euros for my single en-suite room for 2 nights.
Breakfast was extra (I didn't eat here). I think this was a bit expensive, but I would stay there again.
Unique Qualities: Handy for getting around-near to train station. Local Life. Shops, bars, cafes etc nearby.
Address: Pedro Martinez Artola, 8 , 48012 Bilbao, Basque Country
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Off Plaza Zabalburu
Other Contact: email@example.com
Phone: 944 437 100 Fax 944100073
More Reviews (35)
suvanki's Related Pages
Bilbao Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bilbao, Capital of the World"
- "Bilbo, besterik gabe..."
- "Come and explore Bilbao with Suvanki"
- "Guggenheim Museum and much more..."
- "Bilbao, Spain"
- "The Camino Norte (1st section) – Irun to Santander"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bilbao
- Hotels in Bilbao
- Transportation in Bilbao
- Nightlife in Bilbao
- Restaurants in Bilbao
- Shopping in Bilbao
- Warnings and Dangers in Bilbao
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bilbao
- 36 Reviews
- 140 Photos
- 14 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (103)
Have you been to Bilbao?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bilbao
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: The story behind your profile..."
- updated a Bilbao Travel Page "Come and explore Bilbao with Suvanki"
- Commented on one of suvanki's Bilbao tips
- Uploaded a Photo to "Bilbaos first Skyscraper?"
- Wrote a Review Bilbaos first Skyscraper? in Bilbao Things to Do
- Uploaded a Video to Bilbao
Photos in BilbaoSee All Photos (140)
Videos in BilbaoSee All Videos (2)
Read real reviews about Bilbao Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 188 reviews, 626 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sheffield Intro, 171 reviews, 629 photos, 19 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bergamo Intro, 105 reviews, 651 photos, 28 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 45 reviews, 470 photos, 36 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 30 reviews, 390 photos, 33 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 102 reviews, 245 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iran Intro, 60 reviews, 194 photos
- Dublin Intro, 47 reviews, 203 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 40 reviews, 205 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 68 reviews, 168 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (154)
- Guggenheim Museum & Puppy- 73 Reviews, 164 Photos
- Old Town + Cathedral - Casco Viejo & El Arenal- 55 Reviews, 116 Photos
- Zubizuri (White bridge)- 10 Reviews, 23 Photos
- Near Bilbao...around Vizcaya / Bizkaia- 15 Reviews, 18 Photos
- Museums- 12 Reviews, 13 Photos
- One hour from Bilbao... Guipuzcoa/Gipuzkoa- 1 Review, 1 Photo