Bilbao Hotel Tips by suvanki Top 5 Page for this destination

Bilbao Hotels: 4,736 reviews and 117 photos

Hotel Zabalburu - Bilbao

Hotel Zabalburu

Hotel Zabalburu: 2 * Hotel convenient location Zabalburu Hotel Review

I booked this hotel through Venere.com, mainly for its location- I wanted to be near the Sant Mames Stadium (in hindsight, it wasn't quite as near as I'd planned (about a 15-20 minute walk), but the Renfe train ran there for 1.30 euros)

It took me a while to find the hotel, when I arrived from the train station (Zabalburu) around 2200hrs.
Although I had picked up a map, I was having trouble getting my bearings, also, it didn't feel like the area to be hanging around, looking lost!!
I was feeling quite conspicuous, so eventually had to ask a shopkeeper the directions to my hotel- luckily, he understood me, and knew the area.

My hotel was on the opposite side of Plaza Zabalburu.

The hotel looked smarter than I'd expected. In front of the reception area is a lounge area (and cycle hire)
Behind, is a small bar/ breakfast area.

The staff didn't speak much (if any) English, but they were friendly and polite enough. The receptiionist/ ? manageress gave me a map, and she located areas of interest on it, then drew a circle around an area, and put a big cross through the middle and indicated that it wasn't safe - Yes, the area that I'd just been heading into!

The hotel was opened in 1970, and is family run. There are 36 rooms.

My room was on the first floor. It was quite small and basic, but suitable for my 2 nights.

My window looked onto a terrace/balcony (Which I couldn't find access to) overlooking residential apartments. I quite liked this, as from the window opposite mine, there was music, that I liked listening to (a latin type of beat I think).

My room had a bed, wardrobe, bedside table and lamp, TV and 'phone.
Bathroom - Bath with shower attachment, WC, basin. Towels, soap, shower gel/shampoo hairdryer.

I paid 89.90 Euros for my single en-suite room for 2 nights.
Breakfast was extra (I didn't eat here). I think this was a bit expensive, but I would stay there again.

Unique Qualities: Handy for getting around-near to train station. Local Life. Shops, bars, cafes etc nearby.

Address: Pedro Martinez Artola, 8 , 48012 Bilbao, Basque Country

Theme: Hotel

Website: http://www.hotelzabalburu.com

• Updated Dec 8, 2009

suvanki

“Enjoy Yourself -It's later than you think!”

Badges & Stats in Bilbao

Have you been to Bilbao?

Latest Activity in Bilbao

Videos in Bilbao

Visiting Bilbao?
Read real reviews about Bilbao Hotels!

Top 6 Bilbao Things to Do