Albino Sports & Outdoors Tips by suvanki Top 5 Page for this destination
Albino Sports & Outdoors: 1 reviews and 5 photos
Ciclavia Valle Seriana route and information board
It's been many years since I rode a bicycle , and if I'm honest, It's never been one of my favourite modes of transport, but I could be tempted to hire a bike in Bergamo, carry it by tram to Albino and pootle along part of the purpose built cycle path - a wicker basket with 'lashings of ginger beer' would be a welcome addition!
The Ciclavia Valle Seriana starts at Ranica, which is on the T1 tramline from Bergamo to Albino and ends 31.20KM later in Clusone, along a purpose built pathway that passes through 14 municipalities. There are two areas where the route hits a road - at Gazzeniga and at Casrigo, but there is little traffic here. Much of the route follows the river bank, with crossings over bridges.
From Vertova to Clusone, the trail follows an old railway route, so is mainly flat, but reaches a steeper gradient at Ponte Nossa and before the Clusone Plateau.
Of course it's possible to do this route on two legs as well as two wheels!
We walked a small portion of the trail at Albino, then at Pradalunga and Ranica. At these three places, there are cafes for refreshments.
Equipment: Cycle hire is possible in Bergamo;
Bergamo has recently introduced La BiGi- a bike sharing scheme. Bikes can be picked up/returned to 15 bike racks around the lower city. The process is fully automated
Bicincitta information These are paid for at the ATB office' Open Daily 08.20 - 18.45 (Sundays 09.30 - 14.30) Largo Porta Nuova, Citta Bassa
Operates 06.00 -23.00hrs
Telephone 800.181.310 07.00 - 21.00
first 45 minutes-free
Upto 2 hours -1 Euro
2-3 hours - 2 Euro
over 3 hours -5 Euros
Other Bike Hire contacts ;
Cyclostazione dei colli -Colli bike Station - Ciclostazione 42
You can transport your bike at Off Peak* times on the tram teb Tram info Though you'll need to reserve a place before 17.00hrs 3 days before your planned trip (eg Thursday if you intend to travel on the Sunday) by 'phoning
035. 3692351 .
* Peak times are Mon -Friday 06.20 - 08.40,12.30-14.30 and 17.30 - 19.00
Mon-Saturday 4 unreserved bikes are allowed to travel
Sundays and Public Holidays -10 reserved bikes are allowed
Phone: CONTACT ATB: +39 035.236.02
More Reviews (6)
suvanki's Related Pages
Albino Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A nice little place...."
- "Albino - A day out from Bergamo"
- "A town called Albino"
- See All...
Explore the World
- Pismo Beach Hotels
- Kampong Pantai Batu Hitam Hotels
- Curaçao Hotels
- Kampung Tanjung Lumpur Hotels
- Ujungpandang Hotels
- Canmore Hotels
- Butuan City
- Simpang Empat Hotels
- Seaside Heights Hotels
- Vero Beach
- Playa de Ponce Hotels
Badges & Stats in Albino
- 7 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (72)
Have you been to Albino?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Albino
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Street names changing in..."
- Commented on one of leics's Albino travel pages
- Wrote a Review Ciclavia Valle Seriana - 31.20 KM cycle route in Albino Sports & Outdoors
- Uploaded a Photo to "Ciclavia Valle Seriana - 31.20 KM cycle route"
- updated a Albino Travel Page "Albino - A day out from Bergamo"
Photos in AlbinoSee All Photos (38)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 188 reviews, 626 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sheffield Intro, 156 reviews, 555 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bergamo Intro, 102 reviews, 594 photos, 22 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 38 reviews, 371 photos, 27 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 102 reviews, 245 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 30 reviews, 306 photos, 21 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iran Intro, 60 reviews, 194 photos
- Dublin Intro, 47 reviews, 201 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 40 reviews, 205 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 68 reviews, 168 photos