"Day trip to Lake Iseo from Bergamo" Lago d' Iseo by suvanki
Lago d' Iseo Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 60 photos
Lago D' Iseo (or Sebino) is to be found in the Lombardy region of Northern Italy, between the better known Lake Como and Lake Garda. It is the 4th largest lake in Lombardy (the 7th largest in Italy), and Monte Isola is one of the largest inhabited lake islands in Europe.
It is divided between the provinces of Brescia and Bergamo
The West side of the lake is within easy reach by bus from Bergamo, and the East side is reached from Brescia by bus and train.
Ferries criss cross the lake, linking the small towns. However, you need to plan your trip carefully, as the ferries don't always go where and when you might want them to!
Levere, on the North West tip of the lake is about an hour from Bergamo, which makes it an ideal place for a day trip, especially as direct buses run from Bergamo bus station nearly every 30 minutes.
It's a pleasant journey to Levere, with mountain scenery, rural villages, and views of Lake Endine en route.
Although it has some stunning scenery, and small medieval towns, Lago D'Isola also has areas of industry - Steel and cement works, factories etc.
Net-making is a traditional industry, initially for the lakes fishing industry, but now for sports and leisure products such as tennis/volleyball nets and hammocks etc.
As it is often ignored by visitors heading to the more famed lakes, Lake Iseo is less commercialised and although it does have a tourist industry, it is more low key.
Iseo is considered to be the main 'tourist resort' along with Sulzano, Sarnico and Lovere.
- Pros:Scenic, less commercialised than its neigbouring Lakes
- Cons:Some industrial eyesores.
- In a nutshell:Easily reached by public transport
suvanki's Related Pages
Lago d' Iseo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Another Lago land"
- "Came to see the 'Fairies of the Forest'"
- "Lake Iseo - changing views"
- "Italy's greatest lake Iseo!"
- "Lake Iseo - ISEO"
- "Lago d' Iseo"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lago d' Iseo
- Hotels in Lago d' Iseo
- Transportation in Lago d' Iseo
- Restaurants in Lago d' Iseo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lago d' Iseo
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (73)
Have you been to Lago d' Iseo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lago d' Iseo
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 188 reviews, 621 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bergamo Intro, 102 reviews, 594 photos, 22 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sheffield Intro, 155 reviews, 517 photos, 11 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 38 reviews, 371 photos, 27 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 102 reviews, 245 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 30 reviews, 306 photos, 21 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iran Intro, 60 reviews, 194 photos
- Dublin Intro, 47 reviews, 201 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 40 reviews, 205 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 68 reviews, 168 photos