"Ranica -Get on Your Bike!" Ranica by suvanki
Ranica Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 19 photos
Leaving Bergamo by tram for Albino, 5 kms away was Ranica. This was one of the first stops, where you could see the countryside of the Lower Seriano Valley.
After visiting Albino and Pradalunga, we decided to stop off here, as we'd spotted a large park/childrens playground, adjacent to the tramstop, that might be a potential picnic spot for our return trip to Bergamo in May.
Well, it appears that the park is mainly for the use of the residents of the nearby apartment blocks. In the park is a small cafe/bar. We didn't venture any further, but from the park I could see the older part of Ranica, with a church spire, peeping above the buildings.
We had nearly 30 minutes to wait for the next tram, so headed for the bar!
We could have visited the Parish Church of the Seven Martyr Brothers, which boasts several art masterpieces, including a polyptych 'The Baptism of Christ, by Albino artist Giovanni Battista Moroni around 1565.
We also managed to miss seeing some of the 16th Century residences and Villa Camozzi (1815) - a huge U-Shaped neo-Classical building.
Apart from the aforementioned Church and Villa, Ranica is the start/end of the 31.20km cycle route - The Cyclovia Valle Seriano, which ends/begins in Clusone. The purpose built paths pass through 14 municipalities, much of the route is alongside the River Serio.
It is possible to hire bikes in Bergamo, but I'm not sure if there is anywhere in Ranica that provides this service. Atb encourage bikes to be transported by tram.
If you don't want to do the full route, it's possible to cycle part of the route from Ranica to Albino, where the tram terminates. Pradalunga is worth a stop off for a drink/picnic by the riverside.
Taking advantage of our 72 hour ATB Tourist ticket, which includes the TEB tram line from Bergamo to Albino, we stopped... more travel advice
suvanki's Related Pages
Ranica Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Ranica
- 2 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (73)
Have you been to Ranica ?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ranica
Photos in RanicaSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 188 reviews, 621 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bergamo Intro, 102 reviews, 594 photos, 22 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sheffield Intro, 155 reviews, 517 photos, 11 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 38 reviews, 371 photos, 27 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 102 reviews, 245 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 30 reviews, 306 photos, 21 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iran Intro, 60 reviews, 194 photos
- Dublin Intro, 47 reviews, 201 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 40 reviews, 205 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 68 reviews, 168 photos