"Tremezzo -" Tremezzo by suvanki
Tremezzo Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 180 photos
Back in 1978, when I first visited Lake Como, I stayed in Cadenabbia - a stones throw from Tremezzo, so it was a place that I visited quite a bit during my 2 trips of consecutive years.
Fast forward to 2012, and I find myself staying in the same hotel (Different name, and like myself had expanded somewhat over the decades)
I was curious to re-visit Tremezzo, to see if I could remember anything of the place- having been surprised how little I remembered of 1978's Menaggio and Belaggio which I'd visited the previous day.
Well I remembered Villa Carlotta (from the outside - I never ventured inside, and didn't have any intention of doing so today - especially when I saw the number of visitors swarming around the gardens and balconies!) It is recognised as one of the most beautiful Villas on the Lakeside, and is of course a magnet for tour groups who arrive by the coach load - although public transport allows for individuals to visit too. It is unusual in that not only the grounds, but the Villa too is open to the public.
Again, quite a bit of the small village was unfamiliar, but I did recognise the arcaded restaurant area. Now, I did remember that there used to be a Watneys Red Barrel hanging over the entrance - No longer there!
I did enjoy my short lakeside stroll to Tremezzo, but I was disappointed to find that the Tourist Info Office and the church were both closed (Early afternoon on a Wednesday)
Tremezzo is probably best used as a base for exploring Lake Como, and nearby towns. It is on the bus route for Milan, and has a Ferry port, for passenger and car ferries.
As well as the aforementioned Villa Carlotta, Tremezzo is dominated by its Grand Hotel Tremezzo, which I'm guessing is popular with tour groups/coach trippers etc.
There is a smattering of restaurants/bars, but probably appeals more to the 'more mature' traveller.
suvanki's Related Pages
Tremezzo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "T R E M E Z Z O"
- "Tremezzo - Home of Villa Carlotta"
- "Tremezzo on Lake Como"
- "Villa Carlotta"
- "Tremezzo -"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tremezzo
- Hotels in Tremezzo
- Restaurants in Tremezzo
- Shopping in Tremezzo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tremezzo
- 1 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (103)
Have you been to Tremezzo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tremezzo
Photos in TremezzoSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 188 reviews, 626 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sheffield Intro, 171 reviews, 629 photos, 19 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bergamo Intro, 105 reviews, 651 photos, 28 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 46 reviews, 470 photos, 36 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 30 reviews, 390 photos, 33 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 102 reviews, 245 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iran Intro, 60 reviews, 194 photos
- Dublin Intro, 47 reviews, 203 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 40 reviews, 205 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 68 reviews, 168 photos