"Treviso - 'A City of Water and Art'" Top 5 Page for this destination Treviso by suvanki

Treviso Travel Guide: 211 reviews and 742 photos

Treviso

I'd been hoping to visit Treviso for a while, and got my chance when planning my Christmas trip to Venice 2009 - a £30 return ticket from Liverpool airport by Ryanair to Treviso was much better value than the £120+ by Easyjet from East Midlands. I had to adjust my travel dates, but was looking forward to staying overnight in this historical city.

Apparently most travelers to Treviso, head straight for Venice (30 minutes or so away by train or regular bus service). Ryanair list this destination as Venice (Treviso)! It is also easy to reach Padua, Vicenza and Asolo from here. Verona is just 2 hours away by train.

My flight arrived at around 20.15, so too late to do much exploring - my accommodation was just outside the city centre (but nearer than I'd thought initially)

Next morning, after a good breakfast, I headed for the train station and its 'Left Luggage', deposited my case and headed off for a few hours wandering around, before catching the train to Venice.

Treviso

Since Roman times, Treviso has been a Walled and Fortified City, though the walls seen today, date back to the 16th Century
Three gateways lead into the city.

Stepping from the train station, you are a few feet from one of the scenic canals that encircles the city. Weeping Willows reflect in the water and old palaces and villas can be seen on the banks.

The River Sile flows through the city, straddled by some attractive bridges, including one named 'The Bridge of the Impossible'

• Pros:Scenic atmospheric town, Historical, plenty to see and do.
  • Cons:I can't think of any!
  • In a nutshell:Worth a Visit - Don't just rush off to Venice!
  • Last visit to Treviso: Dec 2010
  • Intro Updated Feb 25, 2011

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Jan 28, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Checking out your page again :-)

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Aug 22, 2010 at 2:30 PM

You've already visited Treviso!

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Feb 13, 2009 at 10:10 AM

Treviso is not on our itinerary for a September visit to Italy, but it sounds like a lovely place to see the sights. Regards from Texas....

• STEFZAMM's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2009 at 3:37 AM

Finally I planned well my half day in Treviso. Many thanks for your tips.

• mustertal's Profile Photo
    Jan 14, 2009 at 8:38 AM

I've never had a map to get to breakfast before, nice page.

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2009 at 3:28 PM

Hi Sue the DK eyewitness guide's write up on Treviso is very encouraging so have wanted to visit for a while - its canals and historic buildings etc.Nice to see yr start here - more tips coming no doubt!

• DAO's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2009 at 5:27 PM

Hi Sue, all the best for the New Year!

• iwys's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2009 at 3:00 AM

I had the honour of being the first visitor to your excellent Treviso page. Your tips are, as always, outstanding.

suvanki

“Enjoy Yourself -It's later than you think!”

Badges & Stats in Treviso

Have you been to Treviso?

Photos in Treviso