"Treviso - 'A City of Water and Art'" Top 5 Page for this destination Treviso by suvanki
Treviso Travel Guide: 199 reviews and 657 photos
I'd been hoping to visit Treviso for a while, and got my chance when planning my Christmas trip to Venice 2009 - a £30 return ticket from Liverpool airport by Ryanair to Treviso was much better value than the £120+ by Easyjet from East Midlands. I had to adjust my travel dates, but was looking forward to staying overnight in this historical city.
Apparently most travelers to Treviso, head straight for Venice (30 minutes or so away by train or regular bus service). Ryanair list this destination as Venice (Treviso)! It is also easy to reach Padua, Vicenza and Asolo from here. Verona is just 2 hours away by train.
My flight arrived at around 20.15, so too late to do much exploring - my accommodation was just outside the city centre (but nearer than I'd thought initially)
Next morning, after a good breakfast, I headed for the train station and its 'Left Luggage', deposited my case and headed off for a few hours wandering around, before catching the train to Venice.
Since Roman times, Treviso has been a Walled and Fortified City, though the walls seen today, date back to the 16th Century
Three gateways lead into the city.
Stepping from the train station, you are a few feet from one of the scenic canals that encircles the city. Weeping Willows reflect in the water and old palaces and villas can be seen on the banks.
The River Sile flows through the city, straddled by some attractive bridges, including one named 'The Bridge of the Impossible'
- Pros:Scenic atmospheric town, Historical, plenty to see and do.
- Cons:I can't think of any!
- In a nutshell:Worth a Visit - Don't just rush off to Venice!
This was my third Christmas in Italy, so I was used to seeing the different prespe in churches, shop windows and... more travel advice
Walking inside this vast church, I was surprised to see how light and airy it appeared. Sunlight streamed through the... more travel advice
suvanki's Related Pages
Treviso Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ""Treviso che di chiare fontane tutta ride""
- "Treviso, citta del'arte"
- "Treviso - 'A City of Water and Art'"
- "Treviso-Art and Water FAme"
- "A VT meeting in Treviso."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Treviso
- Hotels in Treviso
- Transportation in Treviso
- Nightlife in Treviso
- Restaurants in Treviso
- Shopping in Treviso
- Warnings and Dangers in Treviso
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Treviso
- 12 Reviews
- 57 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (73)
Have you been to Treviso?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Treviso
- Posted in Travel Iran Forum "Re: Woman clothing"
- updated a Treviso Travel Page "Treviso - 'A City of Water and Art'"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Meeting Maurizioago in Treviso Sept 25th 2010"
- Commented on one of Maurizioago's Treviso travel pages
- Wrote a Review Christmas - Presepe - Chiesa di San Nicolo in Treviso Local Customs
Photos in TrevisoSee All Photos (57)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 188 reviews, 626 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sheffield Intro, 160 reviews, 598 photos, 19 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bergamo Intro, 105 reviews, 651 photos, 28 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 45 reviews, 470 photos, 36 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 102 reviews, 245 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 30 reviews, 306 photos, 21 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iran Intro, 60 reviews, 194 photos
- Dublin Intro, 47 reviews, 201 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 40 reviews, 205 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 68 reviews, 168 photos