"Rose Scented town" El Kelaa des Mgouna by suvanki
El Kelaa des Mgouna Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 34 photos
Based in Ouarzazate, I spent an amazing day out, with a guide, being driven along the Valley of A Thousand Kasbahs, before reaching the Dades Gorge.
After stopping to view a few kasbahs around Skoura, we arrived at the town of Kelaat M'Gouna -aka El Kelaa des Mgouna.
Although we didn't stop here longer than to take a few photos, I would like to visit or stay here one day- it looked to be quite an interesting town.
This town is famous for its rose growing, - where the fragrant petals are used to produce rose water, for cosmetic and culinary purposes.
As we drove through the main street, the scent of rose water was quite noticable!
May each year, after the harvesting, a lively festival takes place. I think this is the time that I would have to visit!!
Just found out that the 2007 Rose Festival is on the w/end of 5-6 of May (according to www.oasisdemezgarne.com webpage).
- Pros:Smelt lovely!
- Cons:Just passed through, so can't comment
suvanki's Related Pages
El Kelaa des Mgouna Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "made it to the rose festival of Kelaat Mgouna!"
- "Rose Scented town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in El Kelaa des Mgouna
- Hotels in El Kelaa des Mgouna
- Transportation in El Kelaa des Mgouna
- See All...
Badges & Stats in El Kelaa des Mgouna
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (73)
Have you been to El Kelaa des Mgouna?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in El Kelaa des Mgouna
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 188 reviews, 626 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sheffield Intro, 160 reviews, 598 photos, 19 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bergamo Intro, 105 reviews, 651 photos, 28 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 45 reviews, 470 photos, 36 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 102 reviews, 245 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 30 reviews, 306 photos, 21 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iran Intro, 60 reviews, 194 photos
- Dublin Intro, 47 reviews, 201 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 40 reviews, 205 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 68 reviews, 168 photos