Marrakesh Transportation Tips by suvanki Top 5 Page for this destination

Marrakesh Transportation: 176 reviews and 186 photos

Marrakesh Tourist Bus - Marrakesh

Marrakesh Tourist Bus

Marrakech Tour bus

Although I'd visited Marrakech the previous year, and knew my way around, I decided to buy a ticket (130dh)

This ticket is valid for 24 hours from time of purchase, from attendants standing nearby at popular spots, or from the driver. (Time your purchase if there is a crowd, and no bus in sight, or you could lose 30 minutes or so)

Your ticket price includes headphones for the taped commentary (8 languages) and 10% off tours in the other cities through Europe and USA (only Marrakech in Africa in 2006) - I Used this in Granada later in the year, with 10% off. I've since used this service again in Granada, Padua and Valencia

There are 2 routes- The City Monuments (from 0900 - 19.30 approx every 20 - 30 mins), and the Marrakesh Romantique (No recorded info)(0930, 10.30.12.00 and 13.30)

I'd advise doing the Romantique first, as the times are a bit limited. This covers Jardins Majorelle and The Palmeraies.

The Marrakech Monumental passes by most of the main attractions. I did this as the tour first, then used it as a hop on hop off for the rest of the day, and the next morning.

Remember your sun screen/hat if sitting on the upper level!

I think there is wheelchair access, the one in Granada lowered its steps for this purpose.

Other Contact: info@marrakech-tour.com

Phone: 024339637 fax -0024433544

Type: Bus

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

• Updated Apr 4, 2011
Koutoubia Mosque at night, Marrakesh - Marrakesh

Koutoubia Mosque at night, Marrakesh

Air Travel By Plane Review

I travelled as part of a package deal through Panorama Holidays from London Gatwick direct to Marrakesh.

At present, and as far as I know, the only direct flights to Marrakesh from the UK are via Gatwick or Heathrow.
For any fellow Northeners, Manchester offers direct flights to Agadir only at present.

Well my flight was by GBA, and the staff / service was great. So although I have to travel to London, I would use this service again.

My 2nd visit to Marrakesh was in September 06, booked with Easy Jet, for a bargain 37GBP Gatwick to Marrakesh, 73 GBP M'Kesh to G'wick inc. taxes etc.
*****I'm still hoping for a cheap direct flight from a Northern UK airport one day soon!!!

The airport in Marrakesh is only about 10 - 15 minutes away from the city - you can see the Koutoubia mosque quite clearly illuminated at night from here!

Mode: TO

Type: Airplane

• Updated Apr 14, 2008
Wall painting, Marrakesh - Marrakesh

Wall painting, Marrakesh

On foot around Marrakesh. On foot / Walking Review

On foot is the best way to get around Marrakesh's centre. Through the Souks, Medina, Mellah area, your walking tour will find many hidden corners and sights that you can't reach by taxi or car, or that you'd miss as you whizzed past!

So, comfy shoes on and just lose yourself in the labrynth of the many alleyways and roads of Marrakesh!

Don't forget to look up as well as straight in front- there are lots of 'hidden treasures'

Don't get worried that You'll not find your way out- theres always someone to direct you to 'the square' or the nearest landmark.

• Updated Dec 30, 2005
Riding on a Caleche, Marrakesh - Marrakesh

Riding on a Caleche, Marrakesh

Caleches-A pleasant way to travel around Marrakesh By Horse-Cabs Review

The horse drawn carriages are known as caleches and are seen all over Marrakesh, lined up waiting for customers near the sights, or winding between the busy traffic.

I hired one from near Djemma el Fnaa, to take me to Les Jardins Majorelle. The driver pointed out a price list. 80dh for an hour. I think it was 11dh for a single trip within the medina, 15dh for a single journey outside the walls. Check first though.

Soon we were trotting along the roads of Marrakesh, jammed between the petrol fuelled vehicles. We then turned off into a quieter area with orange trees growing in the gardens of large detached houses.

Arriving at the gardens, my driver indicated where he'd be waiting and his carriage number.

I looked around the gardens, which was a pleasant experience, but I wasn't sure of how long I'd been there (I rarely wear a watch on holiday) so I didn't get to visit the museum, but I intended to return later in my stay.

I returned to my caleche, and we clip clopped back to Djemma el Fnaa. I'd had longer than an hour, so I was expected to pay more, (I think 160dh) but as I didn't have this money in change, the driver just smiled and accepted 100dh.

I found this a great way to travel around, but some people may be a bit upset by the way that these drivers use a whip to speed their horses along. It can also be a bit nerve wracking, winding amongst cars, bikes lorries etc, but the horses seem quite untroubled.

• Updated Oct 31, 2005
Petits taxis , Marrakesh - Marrakesh

Petits taxis , Marrakesh

Petits taxis By Taxi / By Petit Taxi / By Grand Taxi Review

I found that the petit taxis were a handy way of getting around Marrakesh. I never had to wait long until one appeared, just flag them down or go to the nearest taxi rank.

Some drivers use their meters, but as a general rule, in the day time, travel around the city is 10dh, at night it's 20dh.

Some drivers will ask for 20dh(or even more!) in daytime, but after a couple of days I was wise to this, and had the right money to hand over.

As with all services in Morocco, a tip is expected.

I found that when I started trying out my newly learnt Arabic words such as Shukran bezzef (Thank you very much), and afak (please) I was charged the lower price automatically.

• Written Feb 26, 2005

suvanki

“Enjoy Yourself -It's later than you think!”

Badges & Stats in Marrakesh

Have you been to Marrakesh?

Top 10 Marrakesh Things to Do