"Ankara" Ankara by suvanki
Ankara Travel Guide: 373 reviews and 1,292 photos
Although Ankara doesn't have the same character, atmosphere and historical interest of Istanbul, I find it quite interesting.
I particularly enjoy visiting Ataturks Mausoleum whenever I visit Ankara.
On each of my visits to Ankara, I have stayed with my old friend Bilal and his family. So, unusually for me, I haven't had the chance to explore this city in depth. ( Most of my travelling around Turkey has been done solo, but here, I am 'chaperoned ' ) Having said this, I am lucky enough to experience living with a Turkish family for a short while, and enjoying the small differences in our lives and culture. Although his parents don't speak any english, I've always been made to feel 'at home' .
Although I haven't visited Ankara since 1993, hopefully my tips will still be of some use to VTers intending to visit this capital city, or for those reminiscing!
- Pros:Capital City, good connections to rest of Turkey and beyond
- Cons:Hot and humid in summer
- In a nutshell:Anit Kabir, is worth visiting the city for! Look for the hidden gems
This mosque is the newest mosque in Ankara, and is possibly one of the largest mosques in the world! Building work... more travel advice
At the end of the 300 metre long Lions Way, you enter a vast square, with colonades on 3 sides, with the 4th side facing... more travel advice
suvanki's Related Pages
Ankara Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "ANKARA capital"
- "the capital of Turkey"
- "Ankara - capital of Turkey"
- "Ankara - the capital of Turkey"
- "Ankara-The heart of Türkiye"
- "Ankara, Capital of the Republic"
- "Ankara - All four seasons in four days"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ankara
- Hotels in Ankara
- Transportation in Ankara
- Nightlife in Ankara
- Restaurants in Ankara
- Shopping in Ankara
- Warnings and Dangers in Ankara
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ankara
- 5 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (103)
Have you been to Ankara?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ankara
Photos in AnkaraSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 188 reviews, 626 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sheffield Intro, 171 reviews, 629 photos, 19 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bergamo Intro, 105 reviews, 651 photos, 28 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 45 reviews, 470 photos, 36 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 30 reviews, 390 photos, 33 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 102 reviews, 245 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iran Intro, 60 reviews, 194 photos
- Dublin Intro, 47 reviews, 203 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 40 reviews, 205 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 68 reviews, 168 photos