"Manjil - The Windy City!" Manjil by suvanki
Manjil Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 2 photos
If You've arrived on this page via my Iran page tip on Manjil You'll be aware that Manjil was once a city, that was destroyed by a massive earthquake in 1990, along with the cities of Rudbar and Lushan -which we later travelled through, and now appeared to consist of a few stalls clinging to the roadside.
Manjil is located in Gilan Province, at the side of a lake, with a dam- The Sefi rood or Sefirud (White River) flows into the lake and gives it its name.
Manjil is known as the 'Windy City' due to it being sited at a cleft in the Alborz mountain range, causing wind to be funnelled through.
Wind turbines have been erected here to take advantage of this natural power.
to be continued...
suvanki's Related Pages
Manjil Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Manjil
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (73)
Have you been to Manjil?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Manjil
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 188 reviews, 621 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bergamo Intro, 102 reviews, 594 photos, 22 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sheffield Intro, 155 reviews, 517 photos, 11 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 38 reviews, 371 photos, 27 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 102 reviews, 245 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 30 reviews, 306 photos, 21 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iran Intro, 60 reviews, 194 photos
- Dublin Intro, 47 reviews, 201 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 40 reviews, 205 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 68 reviews, 168 photos