"Tehran 'The end of the Road'" Top 5 Page for this destination Tehran by suvanki
Tehran Travel Guide: 516 reviews and 1,671 photos
Thinking of all my friends, their friends and families in Tehran , and throughout Iran - The World is Watching!
Tehran (or Teheran) means 'end of the road'- it was literally the last settlement on the road from Rey - the former capital.
Well, Tehran was to be the start of the road, for my tour of Iran, and it would also be the end of my road trip. In between there would be many miles covered, as I explored Iran for the first time.
Teran was probably the place I was least looking forward to during my 19 day trip - smog, traffic chaos, heat and humidity, ugly concrete buildings, bustling crowds of people were some of the things I was anticipating.
Well, yes- these were all as expected, but there were some surprising gems as well
My guide arrived as arranged, but he explained appologetically that our driver had a problem with the car, and it wouldn't be ready for another couple of hours.
I suggested we went to look at the murals on the walls of the nearby former US embassy - known as the US Den of Espionage, or nest of spies!
As we were walking around, I asked my guide if it was ok to take photos, he said yes, there was no problem, so I snapped a slogan on the wall and headed back to the front wall to capture the legendary Skull on the statue of Liberty.
to be continued......
- Pros:The friendly, proud locals, historical sights.
- Cons:Traffic fumes,
- In a nutshell:Look beyond the pre-conceptions
It wasn't until my last day in Iran (well the early hours of the morning ) that I got to see this impressive monument.... more travel advice
Emarat Badgir, or 'Building of the Wind Towers' was constructed during the reign of Fath Ali Shah (circa 1806). This... more travel advice
suvanki's Related Pages
Tehran Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "TEHRAN ,THE CITY OF LIFE"
- "Tehran - Museums, murals and much more......"
- "Tehran 'The end of the Road'"
- "Tehran - The Throbbing Heart of Iran"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tehran
- Hotels in Tehran
- Transportation in Tehran
- Nightlife in Tehran
- Restaurants in Tehran
- Shopping in Tehran
- Warnings and Dangers in Tehran
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tehran
- 19 Reviews
- 52 Photos
- 9 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (73)
Have you been to Tehran?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tehran
Photos in TehranSee All Photos (52)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 188 reviews, 626 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sheffield Intro, 163 reviews, 604 photos, 19 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bergamo Intro, 105 reviews, 651 photos, 28 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 45 reviews, 470 photos, 36 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 102 reviews, 245 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 30 reviews, 306 photos, 21 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iran Intro, 60 reviews, 194 photos
- Dublin Intro, 47 reviews, 201 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 40 reviews, 205 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 68 reviews, 168 photos