"A Day out in Bruchsal" Top 5 Page for this destination Bruchsal by suvanki

Bruchsal Travel Guide: 71 reviews and 228 photos

Bruchsal is 14km North of Karlsruhe, so it wasn't too far for a small group of VTers to head for during the 7th Gluhwein Meet.

Bernd_L had organised this day out on the Sunday, which was to include a visit to the Palace of Bruchsal and The German Museum of Mechanical Musical instruments.

I met up with gubbi1 (Christian), and we caught the tram from Karlsruhe to Durlach, (where I had planned to visit on the Monday). We had a while before the train to Bruchsal was due, so I had a chance to see a bit of this interesting suburb of Karlsruhe. The Christmas Market was quite interesting with its artisans stalls and traditional costumes. (I did return the next day for a longer look)

Arriving at Bruchsal Station, we met up with Bernd_L (Bernd) , Igraine (Ingrid) and alza (Lou). Nemorino (Don) arrived by train from Frankfurt.

We headed straight to the Palace. As it was raining, we didn't hang around to explore the town.

• Pros:Interesting museum and Palace
  • Cons:Didn't spend long enough here to find any
  • In a nutshell:An interesting day out from Karlsruhe
  • Last visit to Bruchsal: Dec 2010
  • Intro Updated Feb 24, 2011

• Gillybob's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2012 at 7:37 AM

Great photos and tips - as always, informative! Gillybob greetings

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2011 at 1:42 PM

Nice video on the musical clockwork artist! --and I like your new tip on the café that we went to afterwards.

suvanki

“Enjoy Yourself -It's later than you think!”

Badges & Stats in Bruchsal

Have you been to Bruchsal?

Latest Activity in Bruchsal