"A Day out in Bruchsal" Top 5 Page for this destination Bruchsal by suvanki
Bruchsal Travel Guide: 72 reviews and 228 photos
Bruchsal is 14km North of Karlsruhe, so it wasn't too far for a small group of VTers to head for during the 7th Gluhwein Meet.
Bernd_L had organised this day out on the Sunday, which was to include a visit to the Palace of Bruchsal and The German Museum of Mechanical Musical instruments.
I met up with gubbi1 (Christian), and we caught the tram from Karlsruhe to Durlach, (where I had planned to visit on the Monday). We had a while before the train to Bruchsal was due, so I had a chance to see a bit of this interesting suburb of Karlsruhe. The Christmas Market was quite interesting with its artisans stalls and traditional costumes. (I did return the next day for a longer look)
Arriving at Bruchsal Station, we met up with Bernd_L (Bernd) , Igraine (Ingrid) and alza (Lou). Nemorino (Don) arrived by train from Frankfurt.
We headed straight to the Palace. As it was raining, we didn't hang around to explore the town.
- Pros:Interesting museum and Palace
- Cons:Didn't spend long enough here to find any
- In a nutshell:An interesting day out from Karlsruhe
Admission to this museum in Bruchsal Palace is included in the Palace admission price. After looking around the Palace,... more travel advice
suvanki's Related Pages
Bruchsal Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bruchsal: Baroque Residence Town"
- "Look ma, no electrons!"
- "THE STUNNING PALACE OF BRUCHSAL!"
- "A Day out in Bruchsal"
- "My Bruchsal"
- "Bruchsal- Near Karlsruhe"
- "Schloss Bruchsal"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bruchsal
- Transportation in Bruchsal
- Nightlife in Bruchsal
- Restaurants in Bruchsal
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bruchsal
- 3 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (103)
Have you been to Bruchsal?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bruchsal
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Now you can't say that..."
- updated a Bruchsal Travel Page "A Day out in Bruchsal"
- Uploaded a Photo to "A Day out in Bruchsal"
- Wrote a Review German Mechanical Musical Instrument Museum in Bruchsal Things to Do
- Commented on one of Nemorino's Bruchsal travel pages
- Uploaded a Video to Bruchsal
Photos in BruchsalSee All Photos (14)
Videos in BruchsalSee All Videos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 188 reviews, 626 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sheffield Intro, 171 reviews, 629 photos, 19 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bergamo Intro, 105 reviews, 651 photos, 28 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 45 reviews, 470 photos, 36 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 30 reviews, 390 photos, 33 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 102 reviews, 245 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iran Intro, 60 reviews, 194 photos
- Dublin Intro, 47 reviews, 203 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Intro, 40 reviews, 205 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 68 reviews, 168 photos