"searching for alfie (the big striped orange cat)" Top 5 Page for this destination State of Uttar Pradesh by little_calvin
State of Uttar Pradesh Travel Guide: 2,555 reviews and 7,687 photos
Did you know?
Corbett National Park was the place where "Project Tiger" was launched in 1973.
What can you see there :
animals: tigers (royal bengal), elephants (asian), leopards , jungle & fishing & leopard cats, himalayan black & sloth bears, jackals, martens, dholes (red indian wild dogs), civets, mongooses, otters, hares, porcupines, chital (spotted deer), sambar & hog & barking deer(munjtac), ghorals (mountain goat), wild boars, pangolins, macaques, langurs.
birds: herons, darters, cormorants, lapwings, paradise flycatchers, munias, weaver birds, fishing & serpent & spotted eagles, jungle fowl, vultures, thrushes, barbets, peacocks, kingfishers, moorhens, Ducks, geese, sandpipers, nightjars, woodpeckers, wagtails, drongos, plovers, black necked storks, aarakeets, owls, pheasants, minivets, babblers, hornbills, falcons. (just a few of the 600 species it has).
Reptiles: gharials (fish eating crocodiles), muggar crocodiles, monitor lizards, turtles, pythons and other snakes (cobras, rat snakes, vine snakes, etc)
Accomadation is cheap if you consider the resorts outside. The room rents have been hiked and so have the facilities. Its roughly 1600 for a room in sarpduli a night.
Sorry but foreign nationals pay more than Indians.
1. Gairal Forest Rest house (6 rooms in bunglows, 3 hutments, 8 dormitory beds). Has electricity only for a couple of hrs. during dinner time. Has a canteen.
2. Sultan Forest Rest House (2 rooms). No electricity. No canteen (have to carry your own food).
3. Sarapduli Forest Rest House (2 rooms bunglows, 3 dormitory beds). No electricity. No canteen (have to carry your own food).
4. Khinanauli Forest Rest House (4 rooms bunglows) No canteen (have to carry your own food).
5. Dhikala Tourist Complex (30 rooms and 24 bed - dormitory). The only place with electricity, a canteen and restaurant.
6. Kanda Forest Rest House (2 rooms bunglows). No electricity. No canteen (have to carry your own food).
7. Bijrani Complex (6 rooms bunglows, 8 dormitory beds). Electricity just for a couple of hrs. Got its own canteen.
8. Malani Forest Rest House (2 rooms bunglows). No electricity. No canteen (have to carry your own food).
Other costs include Rs. 150 for your car. and an entry fee of Rs. 50 (Rs. 500 for foreigners). Its a rule that a guide accompanies you inside the park, for which you have to pay Rs. 125 (first 4 hrs. additional hrs. @ 30 Rs.)
Considered to be one of the prime National Parks of the country, its approx 300 kms. from delhi (6 - 7 hrs. by road). There's also a train Ranikhet Express that leaves Delhi (Old Delhi Station) at about 2300 hrs. and reaches Ramnagar by 6.00 in the morn.
Travelling on foot is not allowed within the park. You could walk to the Dhikala waterhole, but now its not allowed
So all travelling has to be done by car (hire one for close to Rs. 1250 a day), or an elephant (only at Dhikala and Bijrani). A ride costs Rs. 150 per person. It's also the best way to see animals.
- Pros:uttar pradesh has now been divided into two separate states - uttar pradesh and uttaranchal (that's the hill districts)
- Cons:absolutely nuthing!!!!
- In a nutshell:be there.
When at corbett be sure you know where te place you are staying at is. Often people end up staying outside the without... more travel advice
The ramganaga river has crocodiles and gharials, they can be very dangerous, please do not risk your life and take a dip... more travel advice
little_calvin's Related Pages
State of Uttar Pradesh Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "State of Uttaranchal/Uttarakhand"
- "Society & Culture of Uttar Pradesh"
- "searching for alfie (the big striped orange cat)"
- "Uttar Pradesh the land of Taj the land of Kumbh"
- "by car through Uttar Pradesh"
- "Uttar Pradesh"
- See All...
- Things to Do in State of Uttar Pradesh
- Hotels in State of Uttar Pradesh
- Transportation in State of Uttar Pradesh
- Nightlife in State of Uttar Pradesh
- Restaurants in State of Uttar Pradesh
- Shopping in State of Uttar Pradesh
- Warnings and Dangers in State of Uttar Pradesh
- See All...
Badges & Stats in State of Uttar Pradesh
- 6 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to State of Uttar Pradesh?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in State of Uttar Pradesh
- Uploaded a Photo to "best place to watch wildlife"
- updated a State of Uttar Pradesh Travel Page "searching for alfie (the big striped orange cat)"
- Wrote a Review Resorts at corbett are not within park boundaries in State of Uttar Pradesh Tourist Traps
- Posted in Travel State of Madhya Pradesh Forum "Re: KANHA, BANDHAVGARH &..."
Photos in State of Uttar PradeshSee All Photos (10)
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Uttar Pradesh Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos
- Kedarnath Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Gangotri Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Bharatpur Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Mumbai Intro, 3 photos