"CUTE LITTLE BIRDIES" Top 5 Page for this destination Bharatpur by little_calvin
Bharatpur Travel Guide: 58 reviews and 192 photos
Did you know?
Bharatpur is an entirely manmade habitat. It was created after a dam was made in 1760 to save the town from periodic floods .
It's also called Keoladeo Ghana. Keoladeo is a name derived from an ancient Hindu temple, devoted to Lord Shiva, which is there at the centre of the park. 'Ghana' means dense, referring to the thick forest, which used to cover the area.
More than 300 species of birds are found in this mini-reserve covering 29-sq-kms.
11-sq-kms of which are marshes and the rest scrubland and grassland.
Just off the main Delhi-Mathura-Agra highway, Bharatpur is a 5 hr. drive from Delhi (eats stop over time included).
56 kms. down the road is Agra.
The last 30 odd kms. is a little bumpy, once you get off the new four-lane express highway.
unlike corbett thankfully walking inside the park is allowed. and is the cheapest. (hehe)
you can also wheel it down - a bicycle costs just Rs. 25 for the day.
you can also take a rickshaw for Rs. 50 an hour.
getting inside the park costs just Rs. 25 per person. its a little more for foreigners.
when in bharatpur you can also wheel it down - a bicycle costs just Rs. 25 for the day. you can also take a rickshaw... more travel advice
little_calvin's Related Pages
Bharatpur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "~ Bharatpur ~"
- "Bharatpur-Birds Paradise!!"
- "KEOLADEO GHANA NATIONAL PARK"
- "Keoladeo National Park"
- "CUTE LITTLE BIRDIES"
- "Bharatpur and Keoladeo National Park"
- "Birds Park of Bharatpur"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bharatpur
- Hotels in Bharatpur
- Transportation in Bharatpur
- Restaurants in Bharatpur
- Warnings and Dangers in Bharatpur
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bharatpur
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Bharatpur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bharatpur
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Uttar Pradesh Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos
- Kedarnath Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Gangotri Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bharatpur Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Mumbai Intro, 3 photos