"Visoko - My hometown" Visoko by becir
Visoko Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 37 photos
Visoko is the ancient capital of Bosnia. It was here that the Bogomil Church was based, and the ruins of the ancient town can be found, including the old castle and university. Visitors from more western places sometimes say that the road Sarajevo-Visoko is one of the most beautiful they ever travel. The whole countryside is very green and you can see villagers still working the fields out your window. The mountains are very beautiful. There is plenty to do in Visoko, as well. It is very famous for its leather making, and I would even say we make the best leather in the world today. There is a nightclub, Diskoteka Puls that is very good, and Bijela dzamija (White Mosque) is internationally known for unique architecture. Come and stay a day in Visoko--I think you will love it!
- Pros:Incredibly beautiful, very historic, lots of great architecture, friendly people, good economy, great shopping (if you like leather especially)
- Cons:Not as much nightlife as Sarajevo or Zenica, much more conservative than most cities, very very homogenous (only Muslims mostly), road to town is very depressing because of aggression
- In a nutshell:The ancient capital of Bosnia is still very much her beating heart.
Visoko loves its very successful sports teams. NK Bosna is the local professional soccer club. The last two years it has... more travel advice
Visoko means "high place" in the Bosnian language. It is in a beautiful mountain valley, and you can see many beautiful... more travel advice
- Muslim customs
- See All Catholic church
- See All Movies
- See All Walk - no being lazy! :)
- Common sense
becir's Related Pages
Visoko Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Visoko - My hometown"
- "welcome to the 1st bosnian piramid"
- "Visoko-place of Bosnian pyramids"
- "The Valley of Pyramids in Visoko"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Visoko
- Hotels in Visoko
- Transportation in Visoko
- Nightlife in Visoko
- Restaurants in Visoko
- Shopping in Visoko
- Warnings and Dangers in Visoko
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Visoko
- 23 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Visoko?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Visoko
Photos in VisokoSee All Photos (11)
No friends yet.