"World Travel Reviews" AVSENT's Profile

Welcome!

Thanx, for visiting. Here you will find a compilation of trips I have taken around the world. It is intended to be informative. If you have questions-join and e-mail. Bon voyage. Also, please sign my GUESTMAP at the bottom of the page.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back From.......

Ok, back from Machu Pichu- South America. (12/27/2013)

Just back from a family reunion in Poteau, OK. (11/25/2013) what a great time.

Back from Istanbul and Bucharest. More later.

Well, just got back from Denver for this memorial day 2012. Got some reviews.
Also, went to Seattle for World VT Meet 2012.
Got back from trips in 2011-Paris and Budapest.

Just got back from Bahamas and Jamaica. Don't even remember when.

VT Meet Torrance-
Thanx, for all that attended the VT meet in Torrance, CA. Pizza, beer, bowling, VT goodies, and of course VT'ers. We had a good time as usual. Again, thanx to all that made it a success.

Back from Shanghai!!

What an awesome trip to the EXPO. EXPO 2010 "Better City, Better Life", was interesting but, Shanghai itself was super interesting. So, much to see in four days.

NEW TRIPS COMING UP!!! From 2009.

OK, these trips are posted but, not really updated.

At the end of the month of August, 2009, I took an ASIA TOUR. I travelled back to my homeland-Japan- and to 4-6 other countries. I went to to Korea, Hong Kong, Bangkok, and Singapore also.

VANCOUVER 2008

Well, I just returned from Vancouver again. This makes back to back trips for 2007 and 2008. I did, however, make trips to Orlando and Memphis as well. Despite the cold weather in November, Vancouver is still a great destination. This trip also, included visits to two casinos. As usual, I stayed one night at the Pan Pacific (A favorite); plus I stayed at the Hyatt, Ramada downtown, and Howard Johnson on Greenville.

Last Trip To Vancouver

I've left this 2007 trip to Vancouver on my homepage. I really like this town. I had to take a break from truck driving and spent a few days there. The weather hasn't been to nice but, still with the rain I have gotten around. I Stayed the first night at the Pan Pacific. They no longer have the great Japanese restaurant, so I had some rather good chicken curry in the food mall located in the basement mall.
The second night I stayed in North Vancouver at the Travelodge. It's a nice budget hotel that's easy to get to. I Dined at "Sushi Man" on 3rd St. Most of the items are truly good eats but, the teriyaki beef consisted of shredded processed meat (truly unsavory). Real meat chunks would be a great improvement. Otherwise, the tempura and sushi were very good while the udon was undercooked or just plain rubbery (just too, chewy). Anyway, the hotel room was as expected and not much to complain about.
The third night I stayed at the Days Inn Metro. This is another budget hotel located on Kingsway. It is conveniently located next to McDonalds and gas/convenience mart. Also, across the street is a dry cleaner/laundry mat-where they will wash your clothes by the pound for a small fee. There is a minimum so, it's best to have a bunch to wash. Again, travel in either direction on Kingsway and there are plenty of restaurants. Last but, not least, it is close to the skytrain with the platform just above a safeway grocery store.

Denver, CO Ventura and Los Angeles, CA

Visited Denver again-I go there each year for memorial day.

I also, returned from California. It's always beautiful and there is lots to do. We started off at LAX on May 18, 2006 and rented a nice Hyundai Accent from (Advantage Car Rental). We drove up highway US-1 along the beach the whole way. Right through Malibu and up to Port Hueneme Naval Base in Oxnard, Ca.

Trips-Athens, GREECE.

A previous trip that I took was to Greece in November 2003. I travelled there via London-(UK) and Rome-(Italy). My stay was for two days and I took a bus tour that covered quite a bit-the usual sites. I arrived in the afternoon on Nov. 18, 2003 and started the stay renting a car (Alamo) at the airport (ATH-Eleftherious Int. Airport) and then I took the drive along the coast to downtown Athens (You can also drive into the north end of town directly over the mountains). The view is very nice along the beaches but, it might be a little longer drive.

2004

Done.

JUST returned from Denver. Visited the Coors brewery...more later. June 3, 2004.

And JUST returned from New Zealand and Australia. Pics in about 3 weeks. August 20, 2004.

And also, returned from Rio. Pics and comments soon.

Well, it is a bit hard updating these pages but, keep coming back.
Or, follow me at www.Twitter.com/avsent.
Do you twitter?

About Me.

This section is a about me. Some photos and a little bit about myself.
The picture to the left is of Mt. Fuji, JAPAN. I was born at a military hospital near Mt. Fuji at Johnson Air Force Base. I later moved to Yokota Air Force Base. Before I turned 2 years old, I moved to the USA and I have lived here ever since. I now live in Phoenix, AZ.

GUEST MAP!

Sign my guest map.
Click here-it only takes a minute. Put yourself on the map! (This is a new map)

HERE YES HERE

Also, I'm blogging my short trips on my blog page Travel Blog.
Also, see me at Trip Advisor.

• Intro Updated Feb 22, 2014

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
AVSENT's Profile Photo

AVSENT

“Beautiful places, beautiful people- time to see the treasures of the world!”

Real Name