"Bad Deutsch Altenburg" Bad Deutsch Altenburg by dvideira
Bad Deutsch Altenburg Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 18 photos
This is a nice one day trip from Vienna, in order to see the largest Roman museum in Austria (Carnuntinum Museum ).
Besides the Archeological sites, this place is a Spa Village ( which was already famous among the Romans about 2000 years ago ).
The thermal springs count among the strongest jodine-sulfur-springs (cure for rheumatism) of all middle Europe. The area is one of the richest in sunshine in Austria.
Bad Deutsch-Altenburg is 40 km east of Vienna, 35 km from the Neusiedler lake and 20 km from Bratislava.
It is also a hiking and biking paradise.
You must remember the flooding, when Austria was one of the countries which have suffered the most of it.
This picture shows the mark of the highest peak of the Danube.
dvideira's Related Pages
Bad Deutsch Altenburg Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Bad Deutsch Altenburg
- 11 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Bad Deutsch Altenburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bad Deutsch Altenburg
Photos in Bad Deutsch AltenburgSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 60 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 42 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Melk Intro, 46 reviews, 48 photos
- Vienna Intro, 27 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 29 reviews, 59 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baden Intro, 22 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Praiano Intro, 32 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pompeii Intro, 26 reviews, 27 photos
- London Intro, 25 reviews, 27 photos
- Innsbruck Intro, 20 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue