"Amalfi - pearl of the coast" Amalfi by dvideira

Amalfi Travel Guide: 255 reviews and 728 photos

Amalfi

This city is a maze of narrow alleyways comprised of archways, portals and ancient towers that stand guard over the town.

Amalfitan Motto

When entering the city we find these sayings - the Amalfitan Motto...
"The Doomsday, for Amalfitans who are already living in heaven will be just like any other day....

• Last visit to Amalfi: Sep 2003
  • Intro Updated May 10, 2004

• Babzz's Profile Photo
    Apr 29, 2008 at 7:59 AM

I took the bus, and sometimes I'd look out the window and just see the valleys below! But it is a gorgeous drive.

• Sep 3, 2006 at 4:08 PM

"the views will make you forget all about it" - not with all those mad (and very bad) italian drivers around, they wo'nt

• Jun 29, 2005 at 8:09 PM

love the stick figures site!! cracks me up. this is a beautiful page I hadn't seen before. I keep dreaming of coming here.

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    Jan 16, 2005 at 8:52 AM

Looks so beautiful Denise, we didnt get further south the Sorrento, so we will have to return to explore Almalfi AND have Lemon Icecream! . Great page, thanks (~_~)

• chancay's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2005 at 4:45 AM

aha...here we have it...Amalfi ceramic ;-)) looks really nice this city ;-)

• tessy's Profile Photo
    Oct 9, 2004 at 3:01 PM

Amalfi looks beautiful! And so many nice shots to take there. I'm sure I will visit one day.

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
    Sep 28, 2004 at 10:22 PM

Great page Denise ,I did not know that Amalfi was such a great Maritime Port ,many years ago ,I knew Genoa was because I was there in 60's and Napels as well .Thank you Denise I really learned from your page wonderful pictures.

• acemj's Profile Photo
    Sep 15, 2004 at 9:52 AM

Can you tell I'm dreaming of Italy? Amalfi's setting is dramatic. I can see why they say that the deceased will feel at home in heaven!

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2004 at 11:57 PM

Amalfi is lovely! I came with bus, but arriving by boat looks really beautiful!

• Goner's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2004 at 8:44 PM

Excellent photography! This is one place I missed due to rain - darn.

dvideira

“So far, so good ( indeed ! )”

Badges & Stats in Amalfi