"Regina, the Queen City" Top 5 Page for this destination Regina by don_thomas
Regina Travel Guide: 141 reviews and 275 photos
Lived in Regina for 2 months during which I worked in the General Hospital of Regina. Regina is the capital of Saskatchewan, but still just a small town. Saskatchewan is deserted: 40 times as big as Holland but only 1,5 million inhabitans! A whole lot of nothing indeed. Main thing here is the production of wheat.
You are most likely to visit Regina on your way through from Winnepeg (600 km east) to Calgary (800 km west), as there is only one highway going from east to west: the transcanada highway. But Saskatchewan does have some interesting things to offer. Check my tips.
- Pros:no tourists around
- Cons:" it's flat over there"...
- In a nutshell:nice stop when driving from coast to coast on the Trans Canada Hwy
Witness an icehockey game when you're in Canada! Great sport, great atmosphere, invented by the Canadians. more travel advice
Check out the elevators, used to store grain. It's too bad these typical buildings are slowly disappearing, but you can... more travel advice
don_thomas' Related Pages
Regina Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "'Mounties' graduation ceremony!"
- "The Capital of Saskatchewan"
- "The City in the Prairies"
- "Regina: green oasis in Saskatchewan"
- "Regina, the Queen City"
- "Laurie-Jeanne's Not Just Regina Page!!"
- "Home Sweet Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Regina
- Hotels in Regina
- Transportation in Regina
- Nightlife in Regina
- Restaurants in Regina
- Shopping in Regina
- Warnings and Dangers in Regina
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Regina
- 10 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Regina?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Regina
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 16 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 14 reviews, 14 photos
- Krabi Intro, 8 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Regina Intro, 10 reviews, 10 photos
- Melaka 10 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ko Lanta Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Cameron Highlands 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rhône-Alpes Intro, 6 photos, 2 travelogues
- Pulau Perhentian Besar Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Kota Baharu Intro, 1 review, 2 photos