"San Rafael Swell" Green River by Boulder_Mike
Green River Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 106 photos
The San Rafael Swell west of Green River Utah has wealth of canyon hiking opportunities. If you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of the Moab area, consider spending some time here. There are some very remote canyons in this part of Utah.
Bring your own water!!
Prepare to hike (or possibly swim) through standing water in some canyons
Carefully choose your route based on your ability and notify someone where you are going.
Some canyons require ropes and climbing gear to safely traverse them.
For more info:
There is a 4 wheel drive road around Temple Mountain. It makes for a good mountain bike ride.
Temple mountain is famous for being the site of the Uranium mines used to make the first atomic bombs.
Boulder_Mike's Related Pages
Green River Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Out There Where NO Place IS Close"
- "My Slow Ride on the Green River"
- "More than a gas stop"
- "Often Overlooked Do Not Miss It"
- "Green_River's Helpful info"
- "Green River"
- "San Rafael Swell"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Green River
- Hotels in Green River
- Transportation in Green River
- Restaurants in Green River
- Warnings and Dangers in Green River
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Green River
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Green River?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Green River
Top 10 Pages
- Sisimiut Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos
- Gdansk Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Kauai Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Grand Marais Intro, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tokyo Intro, 3 photos
- San Diego Intro, 3 photos
- Kathmandu Intro, 3 photos
- Zakopane 1 review, 2 photos
- Mamallapuram Intro, 3 photos
- Green River Intro, 3 photos