"On the search for Diamonds" Luderitz by kentishgirl
Luderitz Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 34 photos
We did visit Luderitz, very briefly to visit the shop as it was our nearest town at the time. It was a Sunday though, so most things were closed and the whole town was incredibly quiet.
We soon moved on to Kolmanskoppe, Namibia's "ghost town" located approx 20 minutes drive outside of Luderitz.
Kolmanskoppe was in it's day the richest town in the world, famous and popular for it's diamonds.
Kolmanskoppe is now just a deserted town, but there are interesting tours and a lot of history here.
kentishgirl's Related Pages
Luderitz Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "LUDERITZ - KOLMANSKOP"
- "On the search for Diamonds"
- "Never--Rain Snow"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Luderitz
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
Have you been to Luderitz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Luderitz
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canterbury Intro, 80 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cologne Intro, 56 reviews, 79 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 3 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 34 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 20 reviews, 62 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 18 reviews, 61 photos
- Ireland Intro, 32 reviews, 35 photos
- Krakow Intro, 37 reviews, 24 photos
- Serengeti National Park Intro, 28 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kent Intro, 30 reviews, 24 photos