"My Ireland" Ireland by kentishgirl
Ireland Travel Guide: 15,728 reviews and 35,359 photos
This page will be Ireland through my eyes, as a resident, as a tourist, as a traveller.....I was lucky enough to spend almost two years living in this beautiful country, and as I am now married to an Irishman it has become my second home, with various trips back and forth to visit family and friends.
I am British, sometimes it was hard living in a country where the British there are sometimes so dominant and hated.
But on the whole, the Irish people were extremley kind to me, and I made some lifelong friends.
Never have I had the experience of a country so diverse as Ireland, big cosmpolitan cities, combined with green fields, waterfalls, lakes, harsh seas and rainy mountains.
Its a beautiful country and I am glad that I have a link with a country as beautiful as this!
The area of this country that I know best is Dublin as this is where I lived, you will find more info on each place on my individual pages.
This page is basically a brief overview and some of my piccies may be duplicated on the individual pages.
Western ireland is my favourite, County Kerry being the best!! I spent numerous weekends here and if you can only visit one place in Ireland.....Make it Kerry!
- Pros:Scenery, People, Laid back lifestyle
- Cons:Can be VERY expensive
- In a nutshell:Once you have tasted it...you will go back for more!
I would also reccommend reading McCarthy's Bar, a great book about a guy who goes in search of Irish pubs called... more travel advice
This was a great B & B, as always in Ireland the Irish brekkie will set you up for the day! The rooms were well... more travel advice
kentishgirl's Related Pages
Ireland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "One of my favorite places in Europe"
- "Ireland - I wouldn't start from here"
- "Leprechauns Make Me Do It!!!"
- "IRELAND - The Adventure"
- "My Ireland"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ireland
- Hotels in Ireland
- Transportation in Ireland
- Nightlife in Ireland
- Restaurants in Ireland
- Shopping in Ireland
- Warnings and Dangers in Ireland
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Ireland
- 102 Reviews
- 102 Photos
- 19 Forum posts
- 10 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Ireland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ireland
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canterbury Intro, 80 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cologne Intro, 56 reviews, 79 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 3 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 34 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 20 reviews, 62 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 18 reviews, 61 photos
- Ireland Intro, 32 reviews, 35 photos
- Krakow Intro, 37 reviews, 24 photos
- Serengeti National Park Intro, 28 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kent Intro, 30 reviews, 24 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (13)
Top Ireland hotels
- Dublin Hotels
- 5143 Reviews - 9451 Photos
- Killarney Hotels
- 275 Reviews - 600 Photos
- Sligo Hotels
- 153 Reviews - 247 Photos
- Kilkenny Hotels
- 301 Reviews - 641 Photos
- Cork Hotels
- 619 Reviews - 1586 Photos
- Galway Hotels
- 509 Reviews - 929 Photos
- Limerick Hotels
- 268 Reviews - 294 Photos
- Waterford Hotels
- 169 Reviews - 420 Photos
- Westport Hotels
- 47 Reviews - 64 Photos
- Ennis Hotels
- 62 Reviews - 111 Photos
- Wexford Hotels
- 124 Reviews - 210 Photos
- Gorey Hotels
- 7 Hotels
- Wicklow Hotels
- 79 Reviews - 234 Photos
- Tralee Hotels
- 60 Reviews - 62 Photos
- Donegal Hotels
- 44 Reviews - 69 Photos